Sr. Accountant (Contract)
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in nearly 100,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 30,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
Founded in August of 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb connects people to unique travel experiences, at any price point, in more than 192 countries.
The EMEA finance team is looking for a qualified accountant to fill a Statutory Accountant role.
Reporting to the Regional Accounting Operations Manager, the statutory accountant will be responsible for owning preparation/review of financial statements and the audit of these financial statements to ensure that all statutory deadlines are completed within the deadline. They will also work on driving efficiencies in the statutory accounting process using system tools like Workday, Wdesk and Smartsheets.
The ideal candidate will have previous statutory accounting experience, general ledger experience, outstanding attention to detail and enjoys working in a challenging, fast–paced and high-growth environment. The ability to interact with staff in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient is essential. Also being a great team player without ego, who is willing to take on ad hoc projects as requested and capable of working in cross-functional teams across cultures and - on occasion - timezones.
- Prepare Statutory Financial Statements for EMEA & LATAM entities, converting from US Gaap ledgers to local Gaap
- Work together with local financial service providers to review externally prepared financial statements and reconcile to US GAAP ledgers
- Own audits of local statutory FS for entities assigned
- Maintain the statutory accounting books in Workday for entities assigned
- Assist with the preparation of various EMEA entity filing requirements
- Collaborate with a diverse team of individuals from across the organization on projects to drive overall enhancements to the financial statement process and other ad hoc projects
- Performs other duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Finance.
- Professional Accounting Qualification ACA/ACCA
- Minimum of 3+ years p.q.e of progressive accounting/finance experience including preparation and analysis of financial statements.
- Experience with statutory reporting within the EMEA & LATAM regions and managing audits, multinational environment is preferred
- Superior organizational skills and the ability to manage high volume workloads simultaneously.
- Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, hyper growth environment.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to define and implement internal controls or best practices.
- Proficient with Excel and experience with Workday (or other ERP system), Blackline, Wdesk, Smartsheets is a plus
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.