Product Manager, Trust Tools Platform
San Francisco, United States
Product Manager, Trust Tools Platform
Airbnb is a vision and mission driven company. Our Product Managers embody this culture and mindset. Product Managers here imagine the ideal end state for our community (guests and hosts) first and work backwards from it, challenging all current assumptions. They champion a winning strategy and leverage metrics to ensure we are making progress against it. They partner with talented cross-functional team members (across engineering, design, data science, etc.) and lead teams to execute upon a shared vision. They are incredibly hands on and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the right outcome for our community. We are looking for leaders who want to join us in this journey to accomplish our mission of creating belonging everywhere.
Airbnb is a platform built on trust. Our hosts are opening their homes or providing experiences to travelers from around the world. We’re creating new relationships & placing people in vulnerable situations. Therefore trust is the fundamental currency of Airbnb
The Airbnb Trust team builds trust by creating safety at each moment of the journey. We set the standards & expectations, do our best to keep bad actors out and provide the right tools for good users to thrive without getting caught in the net.
This role will collaborate deeply with the Trust - Operations team. They are a team of highly-trained investigators, and operational and process experts who evaluate and mitigate risk and enforce policies on the platform. Trust investigators are Airbnb’s eyes and ears on the fraud and safety front lines.
About Product Manager, Trust Tools Platform
One of the essential pillars of trust and safety on the Airbnb platform comes from our front line investigators who review reservations, hosts, guests, and listings to ensure they comply with our policies and standards. The outcome of the Trust Operations team’s work is a platform that ensures trust and safety on our platform, while preventing fraud and abuse across everything from identity, accounts, listings, and reviews.
To ensure global scale for future growth of Airbnb, we need to ensure the tools Airbnb Trust Investigators use are intelligent, robust, and scale globally.
About the Role
This Trust Tools Platform Product Manager will be responsible for leading the vision, strategy and execution of the Trust Tools Platform roadmap for Airbnb. This experienced senior product manager will be responsible for the products, tooling, and platforms (like routing) that support the thousands of globally distributed Trust Investigators.
- Define and execute on a robust product vision and roadmap for Trust operations that will drive fair, efficient, and consistent resolution for the Airbnb Community at global scale.
- Prioritize work based on inputs from many stakeholders, while being flexible to iterate/change
- Define goals and success with clearly measurable objectives and key results by partnering with other cross functional leaders in Trust, CS and Homes, while keeping it up to date and relevant
- Develop key interdependent roadmap sequencing across Trust and other Platform Ops Teams
- Communicate concisely and influence outcomes
- Maintain product backlog and the product roadmap. Own prioritization process of product solutions based on business value and customer impact
- Lead a cross-functional working group of engineers, data scientists, designers, operations experts, policy experts and product managers to ensure alignment on vision and strategy
- Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals (buy, build, partner solutions) for new capabilities with data and users at the forefront
- Leverage and instrument data-driven experimentation and measurement frameworks
- Present product roadmap and status to the business and Trust leadership on an ongoing basis
- Closely coordinate with cross-functional Global Operations, Policy, Product, and Shared Services (content, workflow, training) teams to ensure alignment, clear dependencies, and streamlined execution and launches
- 8+ years experience in Product, Technical Program or Project Management, or similar role leading a cross-functional technical team
- 2+ years of technical product management
- BA/BS degree is required. Concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline is preferred, not required
- Prior PM or engineering experience in the Tooling Platform and/or Trust/Safety/Fraud/Risk space preferred, but not required. Familiarity with Salesforce preferred, not required.
- Deep understanding of software development and integrations that serve operations teams
- Exceptional collaboration, partnership and influencing skills with the ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to drive consensus across teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication ability to a diverse stakeholder audience, including a global team of C-level executives, product, and technical stakeholders
- More than comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Innate capability to, directly and indirectly, lead teams through success