Product Manager, Agent Tools Platform
Seattle, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About Product Manager, Agent Tools Platform
One of the essential pillars of a high quality experience on the Airbnb platform comes from our front line investigators and agents who support our customers throughout their Airbnb journey. We believe service is a major differentiator that drives Airbnb’s global success and growth. We are building a technology platform that supports Airbnb as it scales, delivering an exceptional level of customer service while also preventing fraud and abuse across everything from identity, accounts, listings, and reviews.
To ensure global scale for future growth of Airbnb, we need to ensure the tools Airbnb Agents and Investigators use are intelligent, robust, and scale globally.
About the Role
This Tools Platform Product Manager will be responsible for leading the vision, strategy and execution of the Agent Tools Platform roadmap for Airbnb. This experienced senior product manager will be responsible for the products, tooling, and platforms that support the thousands of globally distributed investigators and agents.
- Define and execute on a robust product vision and roadmap for Airbnb operations that will drive fair, efficient, and consistent resolution for the Airbnb Community at global scale.
- Prioritize work based on inputs from many stakeholders, while being flexible to iterate/change
- Define goals and success with clearly measurable objectives and key results by partnering with other cross functional leaders in Trust, CS, Payments, and Homes, while keeping it up to date and relevant
- Develop key interdependent roadmap sequencing across all Platform Ops Teams
- Communicate concisely and influence outcomes
- Maintain product backlog and the product roadmap. Own prioritization process of product solutions based on business value and customer impact
- Lead a cross-functional working group of engineers, data scientists, designers, operations experts, policy experts and product managers to ensure alignment on vision and strategy
- Evaluate new product opportunities and bring forward proposals (buy, build, partner solutions) for new capabilities with data and users at the forefront
- Leverage and instrument data-driven experimentation and measurement frameworks
- Present product roadmap and status to the business and Airbnb leadership on an ongoing basis
- Closely coordinate with cross-functional Global Operations, Policy, Product, and Shared Services (content, workflow, training) teams to ensure alignment, clear dependencies, and streamlined execution and launches
- 8+ years product management and product development experience in a Global Operations environment
- 2+ years of technical product management
- BA/BS degree preferred. Concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline is preferred, not required
- Prior PM or engineering experience in the Tooling Platform space
- Customer support or fraud, risk, safety product experience preferred
- Experienced in both building custom solutions and launching integrations with 3rd party products and technologies
- Familiarity with Salesforce preferred
- Deep understanding of software development and integrations that serve operations teams
- Exceptional collaboration, partnership and influencing skills with the ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to drive consensus across teams
- Outstanding written and verbal communication ability to a diverse stakeholder audience, including a global team of C-level executives, product, and technical stakeholders
- More than comfortable in an ambiguous matrixed organization
- Strategic platform and systematic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution and impact delivery
- Self-motivated and proactive, with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- Innate capability to, directly and indirectly, lead teams through success