Marketing Lead, Host
San Francisco, United States
Founded in 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 34,000 cities and over 190 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
Airbnb’s hosts are at the core of the business. Sharing anything from a private room, a vacation home, or an experience they’re passionate about, our hosts are as diverse as the 191 countries in which they operate. In order to advance our mission of creating a world where anyone can belong, we need to grow our community of hosts.
We’re looking for an experienced Marketer to help grow our global host community across multiple touchpoints, from social to product surfaces. The ideal candidate will have a customer mindset and an understanding of how to meet people where they are to bring them into new communities. We’re looking for someone who likes working on fast-moving teams, and who’s equally motivated by the three-year narrative and the three-weeks in front of them.
Marketing Lead, Host will report to the Host Marketing Director, Growth and will be based in San Francisco. They will be accountable for growing our host community through owned and paid channels, with subject matter expertise in content and social media. The ideal candidate will be a talented communicator who knows how to normalize new behaviors, grow a community, and lead a category across integrated global campaigns. This is an opportunity to join a high-functioning team at a critical moment, and to make your mark on our company and culture.
- Lead integrated global marketing programs to bring new people to hosting inclusive of opportunity development, concepting, scoping, briefing, and execution
- Act as Host Marketing’s subject matter expert for content and social based initiatives, including channel strategies, owned and paid media
- Spearhead highly visible programs and directly interact with senior leaders and executives to influence priority company initiatives.
- Partner closely with both technical and creative colleagues across the organization, including product managers, engineers, experience designers, content strategists, researchers, creatives, legal, operations, policy, and PR.
- Shape project briefs and serve as a team lead for creatives and agencies responsible for asset production.
- Develop, measure, and reach objectives and key results at pace without sacrificing quality
- Operate as an individual contributor and a cross-functional leader
- 10-12+ years of relevant work experience in marketing roles with leading brands. Direct experience on travel, design, lifestyle a plus.
- Successful history growing new audiences, with proven track record in acquisition rooted in consumer insights and data.
- Discerning understanding of good creative and marketing communications with a track record of shepherding industry leading and award winning creative work
- Best-in-class communication skills with a proven ability to work directly with creative and technical teams, and lead cross functional teams more broadly.
- Excellent writing skills, an eye for detail and a passion for brand narrative
- An understanding and passion for recognizing emerging trends, creative excellence, and new technologies.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines, adjust to changes in priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Comfort leading and collaborating with both creative and technical teams, with a combination of analytical and creative abilities with a focus on design and storytelling.