Associate General Counsel, Corporate (Foundation Commercial and Corporate Development)
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb Legal embodies the company’s innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated attorney to join us as Associate General Counsel, Corporate to lead a team of lawyers and legal professionals responsible for supporting and advising the Corporate Development team and the Foundation Commercial team. The position reports to our Deputy General Counsel, Corporate.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of our leadership team. This job is for you if you love working on complex legal and business issues, to solve today’s challenges and develop long-term, scalable solutions for tomorrow’s challenges. You work well with business partners as well as lawyers, have an upbeat positive attitude even in the face of crisis, are collaborative, and thrive on building relationships and working with others.
- Lead, inspire, develop and manage a team of 7-8 lawyers and professionals within the Corporate Legal team
- Work closely with senior leadership and project managers with varying levels of experience across Corporate Development, Procurement, Finance, Human Resources, IT (platform development and related services), other Legal leadership globally to advise on and drive cross-functional projects.
- Manage team resources to align with business priorities and objectives, with a focus on team support in a high-demand environment
- Provide leadership and change management expertise to Legal and Procurement teams with respect to the development, adoption and implementation of best in class programs, processes, procedures and tools
- Actively champion Airbnb’s mission, ethics and integrity
- Support Airbnb’s commitment to building and maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace, free of discrimination and harassment
- Serve as an ambassador and thought leader for the Foundation Commercial team (US and global)
- J.D. with strong academic credentials and demonstrated record of success as a lawyer and people manager
- Member of California Bar or eligible to register as Registered In-House Counsel
- Minimum 15 years of significant knowledge of and experience in:
- Corporate Development transactions (primarily M&A and investments)
- Collaborating cross functionally to develop, build and maintain technical and process solutions to scale commercial agreements and manage the commercial agreement process
- Proven management of diverse teams
- Record of providing guidance to teams handling multiple projects in a fast-paced, constantly-evolving environment
- Significant experience providing legal and strategic business advice to business leadership in a concise and effective manner
- Exposure to a business environment that is highly dependent on technical and operational support from a wide range of third-party suppliers. Experience in managing contracts spend in excess of $1bn total value per year
- Experience with ERP and contract lifecycle management tools and processes, including implementation and training
- Heightened collaboration skills, including across organizational, geographic and cultural boundaries
- Familiarity with intellectual property and data privacy concerns applicable to a wide variety of supplier products and services (Software as a Service, traditional IP licensing, custom development)
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, and experience collaborating with senior executives and cross-functional teams
- Passion for travel, home sharing and deep appreciation for Airbnb community
- Good sense of humor, disdain for drama, and desire to get things done