Staff Software Engineer, Developer Platform
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. Our community of guests and hosts rely on Airbnb around the clock to provide the tools they need to find a safe place to stay and to facilitate unique experiences. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re looking to add senior technical contributors to solve our broad technical challenges and deep dive into our most critical infrastructure projects.
The Developer Platform organization is responsible for and passionate about creating a great developer experience at Airbnb. We own the end to end developer workflow, ranging from language agnostic build, test, and deploy infrastructure to stack-specific frameworks and architecture critical for web, native, and service developers to effectively build and ship great products.
We are looking to bring in a senior hire to help Airbnb create an industry-leading developer experience that scales to meet our executive team's ambitious product visions. The work to transform our developer experience is one of the most impactful at Airbnb and has visibility at the CTO-level. As a senior hire, you will identify, articulate, and lead various long-term tech vision, strategies, cross-cutting initiatives, architecture redesigns, and development paradigm shifts. As a technical leader on Infrastructure, you will have the opportunity to work with many other senior engineers across the company. You will have the opportunity to tackle many aspects of improving the developer experience, with a focus on rethinking key aspects of the development and test environment, tooling, and workflow from the ground up with a “customer first” focus.
Who we are looking for:
- 8+ years relevant industry experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment
- 2+ years experience developing developer and test environment and tooling at scale at large tech companies
- Some qualifications in security, offline data developer tooling, and cloud infrastructure (e.g. Kubernetes)
- Track record for effectively aligning large organizations on long-term technical visions and technical depth for leading teams of senior engineers to successfully execute a multi-quarter technical vision
- Strong developer empathy, such as from prior product development experience
- Passion for improving the developer experience and mentorship
- Competitive salaries
- Quarterly employee travel coupon
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness Discounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Apple equipment
- Commuter Subsidies
- Community Involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours