Staff Backend Software Engineer, Marketing Technology
San Francisco, United States or
Seattle, United States
Airbnb is one of the world’s largest marketplaces for unique, authentic places to stay and things to do, offering over 7 million accommodations and 40,000 handcrafted activities, all powered by local hosts. As an economic empowerment engine, Airbnb has helped millions of hospitality entrepreneurs monetize their spaces and their passions while keeping the financial benefits of tourism in their own communities. With more than half a billion guest arrivals to date, and accessible in 62 languages across 220 countries and regions, Airbnb promotes people-to-people connection, community and trust around the world.
About Marketing Technology at Airbnb
Marketing Technology team’s mission is to build the best-in-class platform to enable marketing and merchandising at Airbnb. This platform powers critical company-wide use cases like user-user messaging, logins, and helps increase belonging by allowing more people see the value of Airbnb. The platform is used by multiple product teams for growth and engagement efforts, as well as brand and policy oriented marketing efforts. This role will lead the vision, define and deliver the ideal north star platform to achieve our mission.
- Set vision and north-star architecture, and own delivery for an end to end platform to enable marketing automation at Airbnb.
- Design and build scalable, reliable systems and platforms leveraging Airbnb core infrastructure. Effectively articulate tradeoffs between design and prioritization choices.
- Think 2+ years ahead, and balance immediate needs with the longer term view.
- Effectively partner with data science and engineering, machine learning and infrastructure teams, as well as product teams to distil requirements, leverage and build capabilities, and onboard them onto platform capabilities.
- Work with cross functional partners including product managers, designers and marketing managers to understand requirements, and effectively prioritize.
- 7+ years industry experience
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree, preferably in CS, or equivalent experience
- Experience building new scalable, reliable company-wide platforms leveraging existing core functionalities.
- Exposure to architectural patterns of a large, high-scale web application (e.g., well-designed APIs, high volume data pipelines, efficient algorithms)
- Experience with marketing automation and/or the growth discipline and tactics.
- Experience leading a cross-functional team of data scientists, machine learning engineers, and backend engineers.
- Fluency in Java, Kafka, SQL, Data stores
- Experience and familiarity with AWS
- Demonstrated knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals
- Passion for creating a highly effective technology platform for our growing global workforce
- Competitive salaries
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- Fitness discounts
- Community involvement (4 hours per month to give back to the community)
- Company sponsored tech talks and happy hours
- Much more…