Talent Director, Community Support
San Francisco, United States
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
About The Role
Our Talent Team is a core part of fostering belonging and creating a great culture to work in. The successful candidate thrives in a fast-paced and challenging environment, has a passion for building and refining processes and practices, is strong in influencing others and builds strong relationships with leaders, employees and Employee Experience stakeholders. We are seeking an HR leader who can balance the need to be a strategic business partner to the business along with a roll-up-your-sleeves attitude.
This leadership role will be part of an EX team supporting a portfolio of organizations/functions across the company. This role leads a Talent team providing functional support to Community Support (CS) globally and will be part of the CS Global Leadership team. CS is dynamic, evolving, demanding and exciting. This role offers an opportunity to influence and lead a multitude of strategic initiatives. HR experience at a leadership level in a fast paced, high growth global organization and/or tech firm in a multinational organization is a requirement. Previous contact center / community support experience is an advantage.
Overview of the client groups:
- Partner with Vice President of CS and the CS Leadership Team
- Lead a Talent team providing functional support to CS Globally and organisation of Airfam with members across the globe
- Collaborate with colleagues to provide Talent support to Global Operations Team and across other functional Teams
The CS function handles millions of interactions each year, engaging with the Airbnb Community by phone, messaging, chat, social media channels. The function handles hundreds of issues across multiple categories including Cancellations, Account Issues, Refunds, Payments, Reservations, Extenuating Circumstances, Booking and Listing issues, Safety and Claims. The organization is global with a significant presence in San Francisco, Dublin, Montreal, Portland, Singapore, Manila, Gurgaon India and an extensive partner network serving all regions.
The Community Support team includes:
- Service Teams - responsible for managing thousands of agents globally to deliver world-class service to guests and hosts in 65,000 cities and 190 countries. Groups include Safety, Claims, Regulatory Response, Resolutions, Community Education
- Specialty Teams - handling smaller volume activity with a mix of internal and partner resources. Groups include Social Media, Payments, Incident Response, Appeals and Escalations
- Enabling Teams - supports Community Support teams and other Airbnb groups with a centralized approach to services including policy development, technical content development, agent training, quality assurance, partner and vendor management and business analytics. Teams include Service Excellence, Service Evolution, Service Performance, Partner Management, Support Products, Frontline Insights and Execution
Talent Director Responsibilities
- Partner with VP of CS and the CS Leadership team and provide leadership regarding organizational and people-related strategy and execution
- Provide consultative support and coaching to the Vice President of CS and the CS Leadership team
- Promote a culture of Belonging across with feedback and open communication, reinforcing our mission and core values
- Achieve a deep understanding of the CS strategy, goals and objectives and support organizational development implementing appropriate change management plans across the function
- Lead the development of HR programs and processes such as Diversity and Belonging, workforce and succession planning, talent development, etc.
- Partner with other Employee Experience teams to ensure a high quality and consistent employee experience globally. Ensure requirements related to day-to-day management of employees are maintained, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Lead and coach the CS Talent team of Talent Partners and a Talent Analyst. Support individual and team development in the CS Talent team as well as provide guidance to support high growth and the need to become more efficient and effective
- 15 to 20+ years of progressive HR experience of which 10 are in a leadership position, in a high speed, high growth international environment
- A collaborative, thoughtful HR leader who sees the big picture and is comfortable getting into the details
- Proven ability to advise and influence senior leaders, think creatively, participate fully and work collaboratively to develop and execute programs
- Comfortable with open communication and giving and receiving open, constructive feedback respectfully
- Ability to lead a team in the execution of cyclical HR processes such as Annual Compensation Review (ACR) and Performance Management
- Impeccable judgment and ability to balance the needs of the company, leaders, managers and employees
- Not afraid to roll sleeves up and get involved in all aspects of the role - no job too big or too small
- Unquestioned integrity. Lives our core values and has a confident presence to effectively resolve sensitive organizational and employee issues.
- A sense of humor and passion for Airbnb are essential - we are really excited to work here, and you should be too!