Senior Manager Financial Planning & Analysis
San Francisco, United States
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in 100,000+ cities and 191 countries and regions. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 40,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
The Senior Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) will report to the Director FP&A Community Support. S/he will be responsible for partnering with the Community Support (“CS”) team and will work closely with business leadership and finance partners.
What You’ll Do
- Partner with the Community Support team achieve business and financial objectives; including providing operational recommendations to promote long-term growth and efficiencies across the business.
- Identify and size key opportunities to drive business impact through quantitative analysis (i.e. ROI analysis, scenario planning) and external research; create investment cases for new initiatives and help leadership prioritize resourcing.
- Lead the financial planning process
- Collaborate with Community Support business leaders to surface insights and improve processes. Recommend actionable next steps and build consensus with teams to drive business outcomes.
- Collaborate across finance on financial operations including budgeting, planning, monthly/quarterly close, forecasting, variance analysis, long-range planning, financial reporting, and P&L management.
- Lead a team
- Set a clear team vision and objectives; then hold each team member accountable
- Train, coach, motivate and challenge team members in their development and career path
- Lead and foster a culture of inclusion where diversity is celebrated
- Resource management: identify gaps and proposed solutions
- Implement best practices, processes and standards
Who You Are
- Proactive and mission-driven
- Enthusiastic to learn and grow
- Team-oriented with a positive and solution orientation
- Strong consultative communication and relationship-building skills; ability to work collaboratively with people at all levels of the organization and drive actionable recommendations
- Able to solve complex problems, exercising judgement even in ambiguous situations
Preferred Experience & Technical Skills
- B.A. or B.S. from an accredited four-year college or university
- 10+ years of financial analysis experience
- Advanced modeling skills
- Proficiency with financial forecasting systems (Anaplan, Hyperion) is a plus
- Familiarity with SQL and data visualization software (Tableau) is a plus