Senior Communications Manager (Corporate & Policy), ANZ
The Airbnb Communications team is responsible for telling Airbnb’s story around the world. We help drive consideration and usage of our products and services in addition to generating buzz, supporting the legitimization of our community, and promoting trust in our brand. We lead the communications strategy to make Airbnb synonymous with one-of-a-kind stays and unique Experiences that make it possible for guests to experience the world in a more authentic, connected way, through our community of Hosts.
We speak to the media, hosts and guests, industry commentators, thought leaders and the wider community - we are the voice of Airbnb. We're a fast growing, high-energy team with a passion for people, places and great stories. If you'd like to be part of one of the world's greatest teams, come tell us your story.
We are hiring a Senior Communications Manager, specialising in Corporate & Policy Communications, for Australia and New Zealand. The role is responsible for executing Airbnb’s corporate and policy communications strategy for Australia and New Zealand across areas including government regulation, as well as acting as an all-rounder across the wider communications portfolio. This includes activating large scale consumer-facing campaigns as well ensuring a regular press-office drumbeat of stories and news designed to drive awareness and consideration of Airbnb across both markets.
The successful candidate will work closely with cross-functional partners to help maintain and advance the company’s position with relevant stakeholders and tell our story to a wide range of journalists and community members. We’re looking for an effective and creative communications leader who has the ability to proactively show how Airbnb makes it possible for guests to belong through our community of Hosts.
The role is based in Sydney and reports to the ANZ Communications Lead.
- Identify and execute a range of proactive press opportunities in support of corporate, policy and consumer priorities
- Develop an executive thought leadership communications program (op-eds, panels etc.) for Airbnb’s leadership team.
- Manage all aspects of reactive press requests and ensure utilization of all tools available (data, industry research, host stories, etc.) to support Airbnb’s community and brand.
- Develop written materials (story pitches, messaging guidelines, Q&As, briefs, presentations, speeches, etc.).
- Provide guidance and support to the ANZ policy team on communications matters.
- Help prepare Airbnb spokespeople (policy leads, country managers, Airbnb execs etc.) for public speaking engagements, media interviews, etc.
- Develop and manage relationships with key reporters and influencers across Australia and New Zealand
- Identify proactive press opportunities and drive national/global announcements, in support of policy, corporate and consumer communications goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 8 years PR/Public Affairs experience working in an agency, in-house communications or a government communications role; preference to those with tech/ travel/publicly listed company experience
- Good knowledge of public policy matters - more specifically relating to tourism, technology, or the sharing economy
- Proven-track record working on communications initiatives involving policy matters
- Ability to work collaboratively with multi-functional leads in a matrix organization
- Excellent writing skills with samples to share
- Passion for Airbnb and the mission of the company
- Experience working on projects in a fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal communications and interpersonal skills
- Maintaining enthusiasm and calm demeanor in stressful situation