Program Manager Business Operations, Korea
Seoul, South Korea
Founded in 2008, Airbnb exists to create a world where anyone can belong anywhere, providing healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 6+ million unique places to stay in nearly 100,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 30,000+ unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ markets around the world. Airbnb’s people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
We are seeking a passionate, influential, forward-thinking and entrepreneurial person to help boost the Korea Market. The Program and Business Operations Manager will work closely with the country and regional Leadership Team and cross functional teams to play a key role in shaping and managing the businesses in South Korea. The successful candidate will report to the Country Manager, South Korea and will be based in Seoul.
- Drive discussions and present on country-level short and long term strategy.
- Support South Korea team in planning and budget / investment processes.
- Analyze both macro and micro environments to provide meaningful insights to the South Korea Leadership team.
- Manage regular business operation meetings and initiate meaningful conversations. - lead weekly meetings with project team(s) to ensure key initiatives are on track and maintain the project plan/ project documentation.
- Create operational rhythm, establish and track KPIs - forecast, analyze, track, report business growth and other key metrics to identify trends, track actual progress towards forecasts, drive new business opportunities and ensure prompt and proper resolution of business issues with cross functional partners.
- Support Country Manager on key strategic projects - lead and implement ad-hoc operational and strategic projects for South Korea. May require coordination within local country regional and teams in San Francisco.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to structure business initiatives, develop work plans, drive analysis, and develop and communicate final recommendations.
- Qualified candidates will have 8+ years of work experience, preferably with combined exposure to consulting and/or project management in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment
- Strong analytical and business backgrounds as well as an understanding of strategic partnerships and/or marketing and operations
- Experience working cross-functionally with multiple departments in consumer tech
- Hands-on approach, getting things done fast
- Ability to multi-task by organizing and prioritizing work and coordinate required support across various functions to achieve project goals and objectives
- Strong written and verbal communicator with excellent presentation skills
- Fluency in both English and Korean is mandatory
- Proficiency in SQL is preferred