Senior Manager Community Management
Atlanta, Georgia or
Los Angeles, United States or
New York, United States or
San Francisco, United States
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
The Airbnb Community team is growing, and we’re looking for an experienced community and engagement expert to help our team connect, engage, and inspire Airbnb Hosts globally.
You’ll build and lead engagement strategy and programs for our pivotal and rapidly scaling Community Leaders Program, creating tools, resources, and other levers to empower these community-driven Hosts to create active and engaged Host communities. You’ll also test innovative activations to mobilize Hosts to collaborate and take action together for the collective good of Hosting.
Develop and execute an engagement strategy that empowers Airbnb Community Leaders to build active Communities around the world, including:
- Oversee and drive online engagement of Hosts via a network of Community Leader-led Facebook groups
- Produce creative content that inspires engagement, conversation, and collective community action
- Develop and lead a regular cadence of global community campaigns that drive Host to Host connection and education
- Track and report on community engagement initiatives, determining, capturing, and interpreting key analytics
- Work closely with the Host Communications team and other internal stakeholders to gather key messages and inspire community conversations around them
- Build initiatives and programs that inspire, resource, and reward Community Leaders
- Collaborate with regional teams to scale localization of content and engagement
Desired Qualities and Qualifications:
- At least 10 years of experience in online engagement, social media, and content strategy, ideally in a Community context
- Both innovative and resourceful - creative no matter the available resourcing
- Ability to build a long term vision and plan, but also to be spontaneous and scrappy
- Highly autonomous and self-driven
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Bonus points for experience with Facebook Groups and/or managing distributed communities
- Passion for Airbnb and the mission of the company
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.