Policy Associate Manager
San Francisco, United States
Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week, or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique global travel experiences. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.Trust is the foundation of our global community. To help build that trust, we want the interactions between our hosts and guests to embody our community and company values so that everyone can continue to travel safely and securely.
We want to ensure that our values and expectations are clear and that we respond consistently to community members. To that end, our Community Policy team is focused on articulating our desired behaviors externally to Airbnb’s global community; building clear and coherent internal policies for our agents to enforce; and educating and engaging our cross-functional partners to make decisions about policies and processes that best support our community.
For the role of Community Policy Manager, we’re looking for people who love deep-diving into hard issues to unearth root causes, researching and analyzing policy options and their implications, and have a passion for evangelizing the policies to both internal and external audiences. We will work together in the pursuit of keeping the community and the company safe.
- Work as part of a global team to research and draft data-driven policies as scoped and prioritized with team
- Project manage policy updates and implementation, including ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders
- Gather data and insight from cross-functional collaborators to inform Community Policy project prioritization
- Collaborate closely with global Operations teams, Legal, Public Policy, and Communications, to inform on policy research and drafting efforts, gather support for initiatives, consult and advise on policy questions and collect final approvals where necessary
- 2+ years experience in an Operations, Policy, Legal, or Trust and Safety environment; exposure to safety issues and working closely with cross-functional partner teams strongly preferred
- Demonstrated capacity for critical thinking, research, and analysis; strong attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Exceptional written, and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently with both local and distributed teams
- Deals well with ambiguity;
- Occasional global and regional travel possible