Staff Technical Program Manager
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can Belong Anywhere. As we grow to achieve that mission, we’re seeking someone to lead efforts to overhaul our technical stack.
Tech Stack 2.0 represents a set of foundational components of Airbnb’s technology stack that enable us to move fast without sacrificing correctness or stability. Having the right technical foundation will help us respond to rapidly changing business requirements resulting from changing market conditions. We will accomplish this by reducing the overall complexity of our systems while improving their availability, reliability, and performance. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical foundation in software systems supporting complex products and a passion for planning, prioritization and program execution.
We are looking for candidates who share our passion for tackling complexity head-on. In addition to helping the team deliver predictable, consistent program execution, this leader should have a strong sense of ownership and ability to think and work strategically with product and engineering stakeholders.
- Provide visibility and transparency into the portfolio of engineering initiatives included as part of the program.
- Leverage your expertise to identify and define the most critical priorities, regularly re-evaluating opportunities for improvement
- Increase team productivity by removing obstacles and keeping processes lean.
- Maintain urgency by ensuring there is strong collaboration within multiple parts of the organization who may have completing priorities.
- Regularly assess risks and opportunities; understand best practices, drive for process improvements, and find new ways of operating, with a focus on simplification and productivity.
- Encourage collaboration on setting strategy, ensure your team understands and is inspired by the teams strategic direction
- Proven track record of managing large-scale, complex, cross functional technical initiatives in the consumer application industry
- Demonstrated ability to work through ambiguity to detailed solutions. You can take a vague problem, crisply frame the challenge, identify a path forward, and drive an initiative over the finish-line.
- Detail-oriented and able to understand the bigger picture by using your technical expertise and problem solving abilities to prioritize and manage blocking issues.
- Experience developing processes where little exists, and demonstrated flexibility to get things done.
- Experience working in a highly cross-functional environment where communication with multiple groups is imperative.
- Self-motivated, proactive and proven ability to adapt well and work with teams having different operating cadences.
- Ability to ramp up quickly and learn new technologies with minimal lag time.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders.
- Minimum 12 years technical project or program management experience
Candidate Privacy Notice
If you are a California resident, learn about what personal information we collect about you and how we use it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status