Learning Technology and Curation Manager
San Francisco, United States
Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
About The Role:
The Learning Experience team is looking for a strategic, results-driven Learning Technology and Curation Manager. The ideal candidate has proven experience identifying and implementing learning technology in a complex, ambiguous and fast-moving environment. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about technology-enabled learning, and can think outside of the box to help us create highly personalized and scalable learning at Airbnb.
This role will report to the Senior Manager, Learning Experience.
- Build and execute a best-in-class digital learning strategy.
- Act as the primary architect for future learning technology investments including research, design and implementation.
- Drive adoption and engagement of learning technologies across the business.
- Define success criteria for learning technologies.
- Cultivate strong partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Lead the Learning Technology Governance Committee.
- Be a thought leader, understand the latest digital learning trends and best practices.
- Champion the learning technology strategy externally and internally.
- Lead the design and curation of digital learning experiences in support of our core learning products.
- Develop and execute knowledge sharing processes and procedures, including content management and leveraging internal/external resources.
- Consult with various teams (including TechEd, Design, etc.) and help them leverage and optimize learning technology investments.
- Take a data-driven approach to needs identification, evaluation and decision making.
- Build automation into processes to drive efficiency and effectiveness.
- Establish clear and repeatable dashboards; proactively share insights and actions.
- Demonstrated track record (5+ years experience) working with learning technologies (e.g. LMS, LXP, LRS, etc.), preferably in a high-growth company.
- 8+ years in learning and development.
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in an agile environment, influence and drive innovative learning design.
- Experience sourcing and fostering relationships with external partners to optimize resources and deliver excellent results.
- Extensive experience defining learning technology requirements.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and project management skills, including attention to detail and the ability to process disparate information and synthesize quickly.
- Strong consulting and relationship-building skills.
- Experience implementing enterprise technology solutions.
- Outstanding influencing and communication skills, including strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to innovation and high customer satisfaction.
- Strong knowledge of xAPI, SCORM and AICC standards.
- Knowledge and experience with data analytics tools (e.g. Tableau, MS Excel, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree and advanced degree desirable.