Senior Software Engineer, Guest Experience
Atlanta, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Messaging team is responsible for designing and building the core product and the foundational infrastructure which powers Airbnb’s real-time messaging and chat, handling over 6M messages daily. Messaging is the soul and backbone of Airbnb’s entire product. Messaging facilitates the social aspects of the booking transaction. It enables guests and hosts to organize their check-in. It allows users to immediately speak with customer support. It allows a group of travelers to share their experiences and create life-long memories. Messaging forges personal connections and is the foundation of what it means to be Airbnb.
We are a cross functional, distributed team with presence in SF, LA, Seattle, Boston, NYC, and Portland. Our team has full-stack responsibilities which span backend, iOS, Android, web, data science, product, design, and more. We’re looking for an experienced software engineer who is passionate about learning new things and excited to work on a challenging, yet extremely rewarding area of our platform.
We’re looking for engineers with the following skill sets, experience, and passions:
- 5+ years experience
- Passion for learning. We touch many areas of Airbnb’s product. Learning new concepts and quickly understanding cross-functional needs is a must.
- Backend focus, frontend experience a big plus
- Experience with service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale data applications
- Strong industry experience in architecture and development of scalable production quality backend systems
- Solid understanding of distributed systems, data stores, data modeling, indexing and associated trade-offs
- Experience developing APIs and SDKs a plus
- Ability to work in a cross-functional team which touches many parts of core systems at Airbnb
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status