Engineering Manager - Information Security, Bangalore
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Airbnb is built on trust. The Information Security team plays a critical role in maintaining and building our community’s trust in our platform that enables millions of users to explore the world and belong anywhere.
We are looking for an engineering manager to build and lead a Production Security, India Information Security team enabling access management and data security.
The team focuses on enabling the rest of engineering to achieve and maintain baseline security standards within our infrastructure Our responsibility is to make the easiest path the most secure path for engineers through investment in technology. We invest heavily in engineering solutions that simplify security through automation whenever possible to significantly reduce risk.
- People Development: You have multiple years of experience in people management. You are an effective career coach and can provide mentorship and feedback. You enjoy investing in your teammates and developing career progression plans with them, helping them reach their highest potential.
- Team Development: You are an effective leader that focuses on efficiency and delivering on expectations. You play an active role in identifying and recruiting junior and senior candidates. You understand when to get your hands dirty and contribute and when to delegate and grow your teammates.
- Technical Leadership: You have experience in developing and communicating strategies that team(s) execute on. You don’t wait for things to happen to you, you make things happen. You have multiple years of experience improving security in a fast-moving environment where engineers have a lot of autonomy.
- Influence & Communication: You have strong written and verbal communication skills. You can dive into the details with engineers but also speak at the appropriate altitude when working with other organisations and leaders. You have empathy and seek to understand when communicating. This enables you to effectively identify the best path forward and influence how you approach a problem, as well as how other teams may prioritise supporting your work.
The following are skills and experiences that are relevant to us:
- Experience with AWS (Lambda, Kinesis, S3, SNS, SQS, EC2, ...)
- Experience in Software development (Kotlin, Java, …)
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar
- Understanding of cloud security risks and security best practices in a production environment
- Familiar with threat modeling, encryption, network defenses, web security, ...