Product Manager, MDX
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Marketplace Dynamics team (MDX) enables Airbnb to make informed trade-offs between hosts, guests and the marketplace and ensures success for all stakeholders. The team provides Airbnb teams with the necessary data and intelligence to make optimal decisions and owns the platforms and products that power pricing, fees and cancellation policies across the marketplace.
As a Product Manager on Cancellations, you will be responsible for vision, strategy and execution of work that leads to a more frictionless, efficient marketplace. This is a high impact role that is responsible for evolving our cancellation policies to improve marketplace efficiency, support host growth and increasing confidence and commitment between hosts and guests protecting host income and ensuring guests have a great trip. This role requires strong collaboration and stakeholder management across multiple teams and a desire to own a product area end to end.
What you’ll do
- Guide the strategy for what cancellation policies are offered to hosts and optimize them to efficiently balance host and guest needs.
- Build frameworks for policy design that optimize for both effectiveness and simplicity creating a great guest experience and minimizing confusion.
- Ensure the services and platform that powers cancellation policies is scalable, performant and extensible by other teams that are working on cancellation policies.
- Help minimize the rate of host cancellations which are disruptive to guests while understanding and finding creative solutions that help hosts be more prepared to host.
- Grow supply of quality listings by working with other teams in the Hosting organization to make policy updates that enable onboarding and success of new host segments.
Product Manager (IC):
- Establish the vision for a product or a group of products based on the value we can provide.
- Challenge the status quo and inspire people toward a unified outcome.
- Define goals and success with clearly measurable objectives and key results.
- Efficiently execute to ship products and deliver impact for our business and users.
- Lead cross-functional groups to deliver on the team’s mission.
- Communicate concisely and influence outcomes.
- 3-5 years of product management experience.
- Experience building/leading/developing/working on best-in-class consumer products - especially marketplaces.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience.