Intelligence Outreach Strategist
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
As the Intelligence Outreach Strategist, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining strategic relationships with state, local, and federal law enforcement authorities, government agencies with investigative duties, and industry related coalitions in Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and globally. The position will also engage in the management of tactical responses to events related to the law enforcement community. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and to work on high-severity issues in an exciting, fast-paced environment. You are also responsible for acting in a contributing role for cross-functional process, product, system, tool, or policy development initiatives.
- Leading Business Partnerships: You are the face of Community Support to the business units. You will lead the relationship with the business units and platform teams, joining their leadership meetings on an ongoing basis to establish meaningful connectivity across organisations. You will work jointly with business and platform teams to guide the businesses and Community Support through changing priorities.
- Influencing Long-Term Planning: You will collaborate with the businesses to develop critical long-term projects that advance the business’s objectives as well as those of Community Support.
- Business knowledge: You have a solid understanding of the business models and organizational workings of your business partners and you’re able to represent that back to the Community Support organization.
- Intelligence Community Engagement: Lead engagement and proactive education of federal, state, and global law enforcement agencies for Airbnb, and communicates threat intelligence information identified in interactions to the Risk Intelligence team and other key stakeholders.
- Develop a strategic program for managing effective working relationships with law enforcement and security officials, government authorities, and industry coalitions worldwide
- Assist in the development of operational procedures pertaining to the processing of legal requests from global law enforcement authorities
- Work closely with Legal, Public Policy, and other internal stakeholders in our engagement with law enforcement authorities on diverse online and offline safety topics, including prevention of financial crimes, child exploitation, modern slavery and human trafficking issues
- Work with investigation teams to develop and refer relevant matters to law enforcement authorities
- Work with reactive Law Enforcement team to communicate with law enforcement entities in order to support high sensitivity cases where an active imminent threat has been identified
- Incentivise sharing of risk information from local, national, and global law enforcement entities with Airbnb to aid in risk detection efforts
- Educate law enforcement and security authorities on our policies for protecting user privacy and responding to legal requests
- Provide real-time updates on events to internal management
- Work with sensitive content on a regular basis
- Bachelor's degree or 10+ years of additional work experience in the safety/security field in lieu of a degree
- Significant and progressive experience (a minimum of 12 years), navigating complex or matrixed environments.
- Relevant education in business, operations research, economics, data analysis, public policy, a plus
- 7+ years experience as an analyst or investigator with a safety, law enforcement, military, intelligence or security focus
- Experience assessing, analyzing, and resolving issues across multiple topics while meeting deadlines
- Experience working with data-protection authorities, financial institutions, and Internet industry association
- Experience with law enforcement, fraud prevention, white collar crime, technology fraud prevention leadership, or military a plus
- Experience presenting ideas to executives and industry leaders
- Comfortable supporting multiple time zones and work with teams representing diverse cultures
- Willingness to work adhoc off-hours and overtime, including the weekend and occasional holidays, in order to support emergency matters and interact with globally based company employees
- Public speaking and presentation skills and experience before small and large audiences
- You must be skilled at balancing multiple priorities and thinking strategically.