Director, Hosting Geos Strategy and Business Operations
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
When filing to become a publicly traded company, we went on record saying “Hosting is at the center” and made clear that Hosting is the foundation of the Airbnb experience. Airbnb enables hosts to provide guests access to a vast world of unique homes and experiences that were previously inaccessible, or even undiscovered. The role of the host is about more than opening their door. A great host enables guests to find a deeper connection to the places they visit and the people who live there.
What began with our hosts sharing their spare bedrooms on Airbnb in a few large cities has grown into hosts listing spaces of all kinds, in communities of all sizes, in nearly every corner of the world. Today, hosts even share their interests and talents through Airbnb Experiences.
We believe that we have just scratched the surface of the opportunities that hosting provides. There are many more ways people will want to connect with each other and the world around them, and so we will continue to design and enable new ways to host. No matter what form it takes, hosting will be at the center of Airbnb.
The Director of Hosting Geos Strategy and Business Operations will work closely with the Head of Hosting Geos and serve as a strategic thought partner. They will identify commercial strategies that deliver on the business vision. This role sits on the Hosting Geos Leadership team and will work closely with Hosting teams to gather data, insights, and other inputs on functional Hosting priorities.
- Establish strategy for commercial/growth elements of the Hosting Geos operating system
- Act as a trusted advisor, thought partner and facilitator, exercising judgement on when topics need to be discussed and decisions need to be made
- Central point for synthesis of analysis, actions, programs, and initiatives to optimize Host growth
- Collaborate with analytics teams within Hosting Geos but also in Finance, Data Science, Consumer Insights to integrate and synthesize recommendations
- Work with the Hosting Geos Chief of Staff to coordinate Hosting prioritization efforts and ensure roadmap incorporates Growth initiatives
- Execute Key Programs
- Accountable to develop and evangelize strategic programs
- Develop and organize work streams in a scalable way that are tied to growth initiatives and ensure integration across Hosting
- Represent Head of Hosting Geos in select internal and external meetings and be the proxy on commercial work streams
- Executive Enablement & Communications
- Prepare materials for CEO and Airbnb executive team on key commercial projects
- More than 20 years of related work experience, particularly in Consulting, Strategy, Product management, Finance, Business planning or Operations roles
- Track record of leading large scale, high impact, cross-functional efforts and drive projects from ideation to strategy and implementation at the Executive level
- Prior experience Process management - Experience with designing, implementing, and improving effective and efficient work processes
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple work streams and deliverables in a matrixed organization structure
- Strong analytical abilities and able to synthesize complex information and distill key insights into narrative and recommendations
- Deep connection to Airbnb’s mission and passion for creating Connection and Belonging