Senior Talent Operations Specialist
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About Airbnb: Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 85,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
About Airbnb Capability Center: Airbnb Capability Center was set up in 2017 in Gurgaon to service the global Airbnb community. We are a fast-growing, up-and-coming office and home to the most hospitable people you will ever meet! Our small and extremely capable team of Gurgaon-based colleagues strive to make the impossible happen for our inbound and outbound travellers within this big and diverse market. Airbnb Capability Center is providing varied services under Community Support thereby providing world-class customer experience to our customers. Besides this, Airbnb Capability Center is also building deep capabilities for different verticals like Homes, Finance Technology Group, Finance Shared Services, Analytics, Engineering,etc.
About the role: We are reimaging Talent Operations Analytics at Airbnb, and you will have the opportunity to build the strategy and team from the ground up. We are looking for candidates who are doers; those who are energized by the opportunity to get in the weeds, build our foundations, and scale our Recruiting Analytics practices for the next phase of growth.This role will report into the Talent Operations Manager and partner with Talent Operations leaders to understand how they currently use data to manage their teams, identify best practices, leverage data and analytics to identify opportunities, and implement new strategies - all with the aim of improving Talent Operations performance.
What you’ll do:
- Empower leaders and organizations by providing high quality and timely reporting, analyses and actionable insights.
- Drive deep strategic analysis, drawing insights and transforming data into actionable changes that inform the most important decisions across the organization to improve our understanding of our Talent Operations data.
- Partner with our Strategy and Operations team to form hypotheses and design programs with end state analysis in mind.
- Design, develop and automate self-service dashboards to ensure our business leadership have easy access to the right information when monitoring organizational health and making talent decisions.
- Develop new models and methods for evaluating existing data or correlating new to existing data sources for intuitive reporting solutions.
- Building out and maintaining the Talent Operations Analytics database. This includes contributing to the architecture, and integrating multiple systems and data sources to build large and complex data sets to make them usable for analytics use cases.
- Training and educating client teams on Talent Operations metrics and dashboards.
- Standing up, socializing, and ensuring consistency around data hierarchy, definitions etc. and maintaining consistent and accurate data in our systems including historical data
- Utilize strong understanding of business processes, services, and technology to identify opportunities for improvement, simplification, standardization, and automation across our recruiting function.
What you need to succeed:
- 8+ years experience in a quantitative analysis role, preferably in Talent Operations and/or HR.
- Experience with SQL, and other analytics tools, data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau, Google Data Studio), and data pipeline tools (e.g., Airflow).
- Experience managing and working with large databases, data management, including understanding of various data structures and common methods in data transformation, data validation and audit.
- Excellent consulting and collaborative skills – ability to translate business problems into research/analytics studies, as well as ability to communicate the results of analyses with business partners to impact and influence strategy and action at all levels.
- Independence in determining and establishing data analysis priorities to balance ongoing projects with requests from multiple team members.
- Biased toward action, simplifier, and great communicator - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Ability to identify the root causes of changes in key metrics and run tests to validate your hypotheses.