Senior Data Scientist, Trust
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Trust is at the foundation of every Airbnb experience and as such we aim to make it the most trusted platform in the world. As part of the Trust Data Science team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with a strong team of engineers, product managers, designers and operation agents to build scalable and robust systems to detect, prevent and mitigate fraud on Airbnb. You will be involved in building highly available and real-time risk detection services to understand ever evolving attack vectors and to keep Airbnb a safe and trusted community.
We have a strong team of data scientists, our work is highly sought-after, and our impact on the business is tremendous. If you have a proven background in this field and are excited to help build Airbnb’s community, we want to hear from you.
- Defining and evaluating key metrics and understanding what moves them and why
- Ownership of conceptualizing, developing, and maintaining dashboards and visualizations
- Investigating evolving fraud trends to extract patterns, identify root causes and propose actionable solutions
- Communicating analyses and recommendations to cross functional stakeholders for decision making
- Empowering the team to answer data questions quickly and easily by building high-quality ground truth data sets
Here are example traits we value:
- Professional industry experience in a quantitative analysis role (7+ years preferred)
- Comfortable in SQL and some experience with a programming language (Python or R a plus)
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross functional partners of varying technical levels
- Ability to define relevant metrics that can guide and influence stakeholders to the appropriate and accurate insights
- Experience or willingness to learn tools to create data pipelines using Airflow
- Building clear and easy to understand dashboards (Tableau) and presentations