Product Manager, Data Platform
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Data Platform team's mission is to build leverage for Airbnb through trustworthy data. Our technologies power analytics, reporting, machine learning, AI, and data applications across the company.
As a Product Manager on the Data Platform team, you will be responsible for defining the tooling and workflows for how data is created, consumed, and used as part of every decision at Airbnb. Your teams will deliver on that vision so that every employee can easily make data driven decisions.
We are seeking an experienced, driven, senior technical product manager who is passionate about improving data engineering productivity, and defining the next generation products for how data is produced and consumed. You will own the infrastructure, processes, and tooling that empowers our data engineers to rapidly convert activity on the Airbnb platform to actionable insights powering decision making in the company. You will be responsible for defining how data becomes part of people’s daily activities at Airbnb, as well as the roadmap for how we get there.
- Establish the vision for next generation data engineering products. Challenge the status quo and inspire people to think outside the box.
- Efficiently execute to ship products and deliver impact for our data engineers, solving technical and operational problems as they relate to product development.
- Lead large, cross-functional groups of people across Data Strategy, Data Platform, and Data Engineering to deliver on your teams’ mission.
- Communicate concisely with engineering and product leadership, and influence our technical strategy
- Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on prioritization which drives product execution
- Create processes for collecting feedback from users, and prioritizing requests across an expanding number of businesses
- Define key success metrics and SLOs to track productivity, reliability, and quality
- 5+ years of experience developing data infrastructure products, with 7+ years of product management experience in those areas.
- Passionate about improving developer productivity, product quality, and automating/optimizing developer workflows.
- Demonstrated empathy for key data engineering pain points, and a track record of leadership in building products for data engineers
- Strong understanding of technical architecture and data engineering principles
- Experience with managing multiple product team roadmaps to build cohesive data ecosystems, platforms and tools.
- Proven ability to prioritize and pair bold product vision with execution
- Strong written and verbal communication ability to influence and drive strategy
- Experience as a data engineer
- Knowledge of Airflow and Spark
- Experience with anomaly detection, observability, and logging toolsets