Product Manager, Data Platform
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About Community Support Platform (CSP)
Customer Vision: Success is about delivering great customer service for our users - both self help and human support - throughout their Airbnb journey.
Business Vision: We believe that service will be a major differentiator and driver of Airbnb’s global success and growth. We’re building a technology platform that supports Airbnb as it scales, delivers an exceptional level of customer service and improves efficiency and the customer service agent experience.
About Intelligent Support Platform (ISP)
The mission of the Intelligent Support Platform team is to build reusable platform capabilities such as automation, machine learning, data pipelines and analytics to empower intelligent community support products and services.
The Airbnb CS Platform Products Product Manager, Data Platform under the ISP Product team will be responsible for leading taxonomy strategy, data foundation, data quality and data services to help support the priority to accelerate the platform foundation.
Great products and experiences are built on robust platforms, and many stakeholders, from the end-product teams, engineering teams, data analysts, and operations have a need to leverage reliable and certified datasets to generate actionable insights, powering data-driven decisions. In addition, this product manager will develop the strategy for enabling the ease of data adoption (“Data Made Easy”) across various services to put the power of data at all the users’ fingertips. A successful product candidate will work collaboratively across multiple functional CS teams (business, ops, eng, DS, product etc) as well as build strong relationships with stakeholders from other organizations (design, etc) to align on and deliver key initiatives for the Airbnb Community at global scale.
- Establish the vision for a product or a group of products based on the value we can provide.
- Challenge the status quo and inspire people toward a unified outcome.
- Define goals and success with clearly measurable objectives and key results.
- Efficiently execute to ship products and deliver impact for our business and users.
- Lead cross-functional groups to deliver on the team’s mission.
- Communicate concisely and influence outcomes.
- Build alignment across product teams, cross-functional partners (FP&A, Marketing, Operations, Customer Experience, Trust, etc.) and Leadership/Executive team
- Develop the product roadmap and build consensus on prioritization which drives product execution
- Define and analyze metrics that inform product success & health
- Directly contribute to the delivery of high quality data pipelines that deliver trusted key CS metrics
- Develop strong partnerships with analytics and product teams to ensure data requirements are captured and prioritized
- Drive the taxonomy evolution strategy that enables CS to better detect, route, and log user issues
- Empower data-driven decisioning by enabling a powerful, yet easy-to-use segmentation service that can be leveraged across all of CS
- Supercharge ML efforts with CSP by providing trusted, reliable, and discoverable data that has both online and offline consistency to enable ease of model training / inference
- 8+ years of product management experience OR other technical disciplines related to data (engineering, data science, analysts, etc)
- Experience building/leading/developing/working on data platforms / services
- Data-driven mentality with experience in launching experiments and justifying key business/product decisions based on their results
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Outcome-oriented. Not reactionary, articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it
- Experience working with external partners in a product management or technical role
- Radical thinking paired with strong execution. Can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there
The starting base pay for this role is between $210,000 and $275,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits