San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Airbnb’s Legal team embodies the company’s innovative, forward-thinking spirit. We are looking for a dynamic paralegal with experience in litigation to join our Risk & Regulatory Team. The paralegal will be primarily responsible for organizing and supporting pre-litigation and litigation matters, responding to requests for information, and helping keep legal operations efficient and organized. This role requires an individual who excels in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. You are organized and able to manage competing priorities, while maintaining excellent results and attention to detail. You have strong communication and interpersonal skills and are not afraid to take on challenging requests and think outside of the box to problem solve. We value individuals who are resourceful, proactive and always willing to lend a helping hand. This role reports to Senior Lead Paralegal and will also support various members of the Legal team.
- Support case management such as workflows, task lists, status updates, timing, and overall case organization, along with projects related to tooling, process, or policy improvements.
- Manage day-to-day calendaring of legal deadlines, maintain legal files, and support legal billing processes
- Support the litigation intake and discovery process, including working closely with in-house attorneys and data operations team, to administer and manage litigation holds
- Assist in gathering responsive information and responding to information requests, subpoenas, and civil investigative demands from government agencies and other parties
- Support internal legal operations workflows and provide general administrative and project support to the team
- 4+ years of experience working at a law firm or in-house legal department.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and pressurized environment and to act decisively, yet appropriately seek guidance from managing attorneys and legal professionals.
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and take on additional projects as necessary
- Strong organizational and communication skills (both oral and written)
- The ability to self-motivate and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- High level of integrity, professionalism, intellectual curiosity and willingness to grow.
- Interest in, passion for, experience with and/or curiosity about diversity, belonging, and inclusive behaviors in every day work
- Highly developed sense of humor a must!