Senior Staff Engineer, Frontend - Application Platforms
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Application Platforms team builds the foundation and tools for the Airbnb business. We enable the Guest Experience to deliver the end-to-end guest experience, including the homepage, search, booking, planning, and the pre-trip experience. We also enable the Hosting team to inspire and empower people around the world to live richer lives by Hosting on Airbnb. . If you are energized by building a platform and solving hard, high-leverage problems at scale, you should join us to help deliver amazing products and services for our Guests and Hosts.
What you will do:
As a senior technical individual contributor, you will partner closely with our senior leaders across the broader technical organization. Although you will be at one of our highest levels of seniority, all individual contributors at Airbnb are Software Engineers which means we expect you to be hands on and contribute code.
- Define overall technical architecture for major parts of the Airbnb stack
- Influence the organization, engineering leaders, product managers, and the business to develop a unified approach to overall architecture
- Collaborate on application design with application development teams
- Implement significant portions of the system and help others in the implementation
- Understand how key technical decisions will drive business outcomes and deliver frameworks and platforms that improve delivery with high-quality to those outcomes
- Performing design and code reviews and advise/mentor other engineers at Airbnb
What we are looking for:
- 10-15+ years relevant experience in a fast paced, high growth tech environment
- Experience building developer frameworks that improve developer velocity, code quality and code health
- Experience with distributed systems and architecture, and systems integration
- Technical leadership: hands on experience leading project teams and setting technical direction and strategy
- Experience working in a complex, matrixed organization involving cross-functional, and/or cross-business projects
- Strong communication and collaboration skills & ability to lead high-level discussions on technology strategy and approach.