Senior Associate, Indirect Tax
Atlanta, United States or
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3-4 years experience in tax matters with a strong focus on indirect taxes.
- Excellent tax research, writing, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties.
- Highly motivated, strong analytical skills, and results driven.
- Proven ability to succeed in both collaborative and independent work environments.
- Strong ability to interface with multiple groups within the Airbnb Tax organization as well as across functional groups outside of Tax.
- Ability to deal with high volume transactions and juggle a multitude of jurisdictions simultaneously.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Must be passionate about the company.
- Analyze and draft proposed US state and local and international indirect tax legislation impacting the company.
- Assist in managing state and local tax matters globally, with a primary focus on indirect taxes.
- Manage state and local tax audits, and assist with negotiations with local taxing authorities.
- Perform research and analysis relating to tourist taxes, sales and use taxes, VAT/GST and other applicable taxes relating to travel related service.
- Advise various Airbnb business units the indirect tax considerations of proposed business initiatives and the impact on the company.
- Assist as needed with supporting the indirect tax compliance team.
- Assist with various tax analyses impacting financial statements.
- Complete ad hoc projects as assigned.
- An advanced degree in tax or law required.
- Some experience or strong interest in indirect tax desirable.
- Experience in both public accounting or law firm and industry highly desirable.