Experience Designer, Agent Tooling
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
To proactively keep our community of guests and Hosts safe, Airbnb agents conduct rigorous screenings to intervene before something goes wrong. As an Experience Designer, you will be responsible for understanding and advocating for our agents’ needs, as well as designing an end-to-end suite of tools that drive the quality and efficiency of their work. The ideal candidate is an experienced designer with strong systems thinking and communication skills, and past experience leading complex initiatives and directing others’ work. Ideally you are well-versed in service design, and can think beyond pixels and design for offline experiences.
- Partner with Product, Operations, and Engineering across multiple business units (Trust, Customer Service, and Payments) to drive a cohesive and consistent agent tooling experience.
- Establish the fundamentals of a new system that can be leveraged across a variety of use cases. Create scalable interaction patterns and components that will enable end-to-end workflows within the new tooling system. Leverage and contribute to an emerging Design Language System for internal tools.
- Collaborate with Design and other cross-functional partners working across the agent tooling space, including an external design agency.
- Execute in a fast-paced environment with ambiguity.
- 8+ years of experience with end-to-end product design, including service design.
- Able to work across the end-to-end design process, leveraging their product thinking, systems thinking, interaction design, visual design, and prototyping skills to deliver world-class experiences for agents and keep our community safe.
- Demonstrated ability to help teams navigate ambiguity, set vision and strategy, and set a roadmap for complex initiatives. Responsible for personally delivering complex initiatives and/or directing the work of other designers on their initiatives.
- Strong systems-thinker who can think beyond pixels and design for offline experiences.
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills.