Customer Experience Product Manager - Channels
Seattle, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Airbnb CS Platform Customer Experience Product Manager - Channels will be responsible for leading the Community Support Platform Support products at Airbnb.
Community Support (CS) is a global business unit that supports millions of guests and hosts who take trips and join experiences around the world every year.
This experienced product manager will be responsible for redefining a world class customer-facing product experience that supports millions of hosts & guests on the Airbnb platform, and build a unique and exceptional Customer Service experience for the Airbnb community at scale. This role includes working closely with the global Operational teams who enable the thousands of agents to do their job efficiently and ensuring that we build self-solve and agent-solve products through voice / IVR, Conversational AI chatbots, virtual assistants and text-based digital channels very effectively to provide contextual and personalized help to our Airbnb community in their time of need.
If you are the type of person that feels a personal stake in everything that you work on, have a strong sense of ownership, a love for data, enjoy working with complex technologies, know how to foster strong relationships and build trust, and work for the success for the entire team - then we look forward to meeting you!
As the Customer Experience Product Manager - Channels you will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Enable a seamless, consistent, efficient, and exceptional CS support experience at scale through product capabilities such as:
- Bleeding-edge customer experience solutions utilizing ML and NLU to engage with customers in multiple channels (Voice, Chat, Text and Social media)
- Integration with world-class CRM and Omni-channel capabilities that powers and enables the platform support experience
- Machine learning to adapt to variation in community behavior throughout their service journey with Airbnb app, website and CS channels
- Develop, evolve, maintain and execute against a Conversational AI IVR/voice & digital channels roadmap partnering closely with the Operations teams
- Natural language processes to mine improved interactions and predicts user interactions and behavior to route contacts to the appropriate CS team
- Seamless integration with robust global content, knowledge, policy, and intelligently personalized data that makes our community’s support interaction experience frictionless
- Simplify and optimize the user experience to ensure greater focus on resolving community needs balancing with tangible business and operational efficiencies
- Establishing and delivering a robust product for world-class service capabilities that drive fast, efficient, fair, and consistent self-solve resolution for the Airbnb Community
- Build, buy and integrate intelligent and easy to use Conversational AI tools that enable Airbnb Community Support teams to resolve issues for our hosts and guests, across all Airbnb business and our 191 global markets
- Drive product scope and prioritization and be flexible to iterate/change per latest developments to meet agreed upon deadlines and business needs
- Manage and maintain product backlogs, drive product roadmap and own prioritization process of CS Channels and routing product solutions based on business value and customer impact
- Define the success metrics and SLAs by partnering with other cross functional leaders in CS Platform Products while keeping it up to date, relevant and aligned with objectives
- Work closely with all business, ops, and product stakeholders to ensure successful end-to-end delivery of product capabilities and solutions to ensure reliable operations and SLAs are met or exceeded
- Create and define product strategies and programs for the long-term success of business teams and ensure engineering teams are positioned to deliver results
- Present overall product roadmap status to the business and Product and Technology leadership on an ongoing basis with both qualitative and quantitative impacts
- Closely coordinate with cross-functional global operations, Support Products, and IT teams to ensure close alignment, clear dependencies, and streamlined execution.
- Develop key interdependent roadmap sequencing across Community Support and other Platform Product teams with plans in support of Support Product leadership
- Be an industry thought leader and up to date on cutting edge user-facing products and technologies in the Service and Operations space that can potentially be applied to solve Airbnb CS use-cases
- 6+ years product management and or product development experience in an Operations environment. Customer Service tools is a plus
- 3+ years experience in Contact Center Technologies such as Computer Telephony Integration, Call routing, VoIP/SIP, IVR designs, Voice bots and Conversational AI
- Experience in Machine Learning / NLP systems, Text-to-Speech, Speech-to-text, building and managing voice personas
- Conversational UX Design and channels routing experience
- Passion for great design and a focus on the user’s experience first; you know what works, what doesn't, and why
- Experienced in establishing a product vision, developing roadmaps, goal setting, spec writing, managing project execution, experiment planning, UI/UX wireframing, and defining product roll-out strategies
- Experienced at influencing, leading, and motivating high-performing, cross-functional stakeholder teams, including engineering, design, data science, research
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to interface well with ops and business partners at all levels
- Experience developing roadmaps and long-term data-driven strategies for improving operations, data platform efficiencies - all without sacrificing quality
- Good understanding of software development for machine-learned products and services
- Prior PM or engineering experience in speech recognition, natural language understanding, search, data pipelines, and/or A/B testing a big plus