Employee Relations Manager/Senior Manager, APAC
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
We are looking for an Employee Relations Manager/Senior Manager, APAC in Singapore with deep Employee Relations (ER) expertise to help build the ER function here at Airbnb in APAC & China. This employee will be responsible for laying the foundation for the ER function in APAC, which includes developing frameworks, guidelines, approaches, practices, and operating principles.
The successful candidate will establish relationships across the organization and provide ER subject matter expertise in region in order to support the mission, culture, and values of Airbnb.
Strategic Planning & Leadership
- Develops an APAC Employee Relations (ER) framework, including strategies and proposals to drive continuously improving ER practices within the organization based on trust, mutual respect, strong performance management, and accountability in support of the goals of the organization.
- Designs and implements a comprehensive communications strategy to promote ER best practices within the region.
- Help enforce HR policies, procedures and practices to ensure compliance, enhance the workplace, and promote the Company culture.
- Assesses employment risk in coordination with APAC HR leadership and Legal based on current regulatory landscape and anticipated changes.
- Handles and advises on a caseload of complex ER investigation matters such as: bullying, retaliation, harassment, and discrimination. Ensures cases are handled fairly, consistently, transparently, in a timely fashion, and in line with Company culture, policies, and appropriate local laws.
- Takes the lead in addressing employee issues, complaints, and investigations working in partnership with other Human Resources, Legal, and compliance related teams.
- Makes recommendations on appropriate courses of action, matching investigation strategy to the complexity, risk, sensitivity, and confidentiality of the investigation.
- Develops and conducts trainings for leaders, managers, employees, Talent Partners, and other stakeholders as needed.
- Maintains an organized case management system including the ability to run analytics, metrics, and produce data visualizations.
- Bachelor’s degree required; JD, MBA or other Advanced Degree preferred
- 10+ years of Employee Relations/Human Resources experience.
- Proven work experience in managing investigations and advising on complex employee relations issues.
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Ability to be a coach, mentor, advisor, and partner with stakeholders at varying levels of seniority
- Expert knowledge of ER, labor relations, training, conflict resolution, and direct experience leading complex global investigations at all levels, including executive level
- Strong working knowledge of APAC-wide employment legislation
- Must be self-motivated and have an enhanced ability to prioritize/plan in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Some travel may be required