Incident Remediation Analyst
Portland, United States or
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Trust organization protects, guides, and mobilizes the creation of trust in our community and on our platform. We hire quality talent who embody our company values and hold a steadfast commitment to creating a world where anyone in the Airbnb community can host, travel, and connect with peace of mind.
The Incident Remediation Team works in a fast paced environment conducting comprehensive investigations on reactive critical events and incidents in order to evaluate root cause and identify opportunities for improvement within our tools and processes. We are a team focused on working collaboratively utilizing critical thinking and having an innovative mindset to contribute to the Trust organization’s commitment and to embody our company values.
You are a self-starter with a can-do attitude who isn’t afraid to roll your sleeves up, can work in a rapidly changing industry, tolerate ambiguity and demonstrate problem-solving prowess. You thrive working in an inclusive collaborative environment that is centered around giving and receiving feedback.
How you’ll make an impact
As an Incident Remediation Analyst, you will focus on user eligibility and risk assessment while responsibly engaging with our Legal, Public Policy, Trust, and Communications teams, as well as collaborating globally with other cross-functional partners to conduct root cause analysis and identify remediation solutions, trends and signals to mitigate offline and online risk. You will contribute to the program development of the team and work independently/collaboratively on initiatives that propel the team and department forward aligning with the Trust Organization and Company priorities. Our work has a unique combination of ingenuity, adaptability, speed, and empathy.
You will have the ability to concentrate on the nitty gritty details that need improvement while also communicating a high level narrative to management and relevant teams.
In this role you’ll get to
- Track, analyze and investigate complex and sensitive offline and online risk incidents retroactively to identify emerging trends and signals to drive remediation recommendations for process/tool improvement as well as automated efficiency gains based on deep dive incident analysis.
- Ability to analyze networks of individuals related to offline and online risk utilizing geospatial analysis, existing signals, and light data analysis
- Use internal case management systems and other intelligence tools to record, develop, organize and compile detailed and comprehensive root cause analysis reports to mitigate risks and threats against Airbnb and users.
- Review and assess requests related to critical safety incidents, emergency and emergency-in-progress situations that require timely and accurate response and engagement with stakeholders in Legal, Policy, external vendors, and business leadership.
- Master knowledge of company policies, procedures, and tooling inside and out, being an expert in online and offline risk
- Be an advocate of high quality standards, innovation, resolution conflict and customer experience excellence.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills; must be able to tell a story with data and metrics, as well as articulate wins, risks and challenges
- Act as a subject matter expert for agile requests and support to senior leadership and other stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement through applied critical thinking and solution oriented problem solving.
- Develop processes and contribute to the overall program development for the team.
- Work with cross-functional teams to establish a cohesive relationship between Ops, Tooling, and Product teams to drive development and execution of operational improvements that mitigate offline risk and increase operational efficiency to meet strategic goals.
- Work closely with Product and Operations teams as a Subject Matter Expert to test, refine, ideate, and deploy new internal products and processes.
We are looking for people who have
- At least 5+ years of security/crisis operations experience. Training and/or experience in program development, compiling comprehensive and detailed reports, fraud or risk investigations, threat intelligence, legal operations, and/or emergency/crisis response experience and case management, etc.
- Experience conducting deep dive investigations and compiling detailed reports
- Experience using data to conduct research and analysis
- Excellent analytical, open source research, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- 2 to 4+yrs of relevant experience in operations, investigative or analytical roles.
- Leadership, Individual Contributor, or Senior Investigator experience preferred.
- Prior experience developing processes and/or programs.