Business Analyst, Trust Ops
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About Airbnb: Founded in 2008, Airbnb’s mission is to create a world where people can belong through healthy travel that is local, authentic, diverse, inclusive and sustainable. Airbnb uniquely leverages technology to economically empower millions of people around the world to unlock and monetize their spaces, passions and talents to become hospitality entrepreneurs. Airbnb’s accommodation marketplace provides access to 5+ million unique places to stay in more than 81,000 cities and 191 countries. With Experiences, Airbnb offers unprecedented access to local communities and interests through 15,000 unique, handcrafted activities run by hosts across 1,000+ cities around the world. Airbnb's people-to-people platform benefits all its stakeholders, including hosts, guests, employees and the communities in which it operates.
In order to build the world's most loved travel company, we need the world's most interesting and talented people. Are you one of them? If so, we want to talk to you! We are looking for someone who is passionate about mitigating key Trust issues for our community.
Role & Responsibilities:
As an Operations Data Analyst, you will be responsible for developing operational data visualizations, reporting on and performing statistical analysis to provide insights and recommendations to partners that enable remediation of trust issues at scale. The successful candidate will work closely with a global team of analysts and build cross functional partnerships with key Specialization partners, Data Science, Risk Product and other stakeholders to provide feedback and improve our models and user experience that directly impact operational health.
- Leverage Airbnb’s proprietary data to build knowledge of Ops Specializations to identify & develop insights that address key operational issues, including root causes, trends & actionable insights.
- Manage operational core work & escalations when necessary.
- Build Specialization-specific Operational dashboards to visualize data analysis and insights.
- Perform statistical analysis to derive risk impact and recommend actionable next steps.
- Develop an Analytics Framework in collaboration with Business Process Improvement and Operations Management.
- Quarterly Planning and Road mapping in collaboration with Operations Management and Product team.
- Write monthly Specialization-specific performance reports; written reports should show methodology with detailed statistical analysis, summary of key findings, and recommendations.
- Incubate, operationalize, and streamline Product launches;including Friction Optimization to improve user experience.
- Review and approve query action tasks that mitigate risk.
- Drive education of partners to up level knowledge & understanding of how to leverage data & insights to address operational challenges.
- This role requires building and maintaining relationships with the following stakeholders, outside your Reporting line:
- Data Science, Operations Leads, Business Analytics
- Policy, Quality, as potential Cross-functional Areas of Focus
- 4+ years experience in an analyst role requiring data interrogation, analysis & storytelling.
- High proficiency in SQL (Superset or PrestoDB)
- Ability to handle complex datasets and conduct risk analysis to preemptively identify issues & surface actionable insights & recommendations to mitigate risk.
- Ability to create compelling data visualizations and comfortable working in BI platforms such as Tableau
- Advanced Excel proficiency including but not limited to pivot tables, macros, charts, functions
- Statistics familiarity or background
- Ability to independently manage project work & prioritize projects effectively.
- Previous experience in risk ops analytics would be beneficial*