Senior Marketing Lead, Americas
Los Angeles, United States or
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Senior Marketing Lead, Americas will report to the Regional Marketing Director, Americas and be based in San Francisco, CA or Los Angeles, CA. They will partner with the RMD to develop strategic plans and execute, implement, and track marketing programs to drive profitable growth for the region.
The Americas: US, Canada, and Latin America are business strongholds we need to defend and grow and strategic opportunities for long term growth. We aim to continue growing through impactful marketing in the US and Canada, while cultivating the business in the emerging areas LatAM.
With strategic, creative, operational and emotional effectiveness, this person will define business challenges and strategies to drive growth, nurture a high-performing in-house marketing team, manage agency partners, and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams including regional business leadership, PR, media, product, performance marketing and customer experience, to deliver actionable, locally relevant, growth-oriented marketing plans that realize the business and brand ambitions.
- Develop growth plans for current and prospective users in each key market based on deep local business/consumer needs and seasonalities; collaborate across functions to create an integrated roadmap, budgeting, and measurement plans that deliver on the strategy
- Partner with the global campaign team, internal creative and other agency partners, ensuring optimal resourcing, timely briefings, and a deep understanding of the brand and business opportunities, challenges and plan
- Collaborate across functions and markets to develop highly effective, creatively excellent integrated brand marketing campaigns, including but not limited to: advertising, social, email, merchandising, media and brand partnerships. Responsibilities span development, execution, optimization, and reporting.
- Be the relentless advocate for localization across each market the Americas; ensure all marketing activities feel local and personal; articulate market nuances for teams less familiar with the region
- 12+ years in a marketing role, preferably with brand marketing experience in consumer, travel, technology, or lifestyle brands.
- Creative, strategic and analytical thinker with proven ability to develop, influence and champion world class marketing programs that deliver results
- Experience managing agencies and large, multinational teams internally
- Solid business acumen to understand key business and consumers levers that unlock growth
- Willingness to regularly travel internationally
- Record of success in leading teams, measurement of ROI, and accountability for results
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, quickly-changing environment, while balancing short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills; able to articulate a vision, strategy and idea clearly and succinctly
- The ability to work at both strategic and tactical levels
- Fluent in English (written and verbal); and Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Passion for Airbnb and travel