Marketing Technology & Operations Lead
Los Angeles, United States or
San Francisco, United States or
Seattle, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About the Marketing Technology Team
Marketing Technology is a platform team with the goal of delivering best-in-class marketing automation tools and systems that are used by our stakeholders in Marketing, the Guest Experience and Hosting product development teams, Policy, and more. Our Mission is to enable marketing and product teams to deliver highly personalized and relevant content to the Airbnb community, both on-site and off-site.
The Marketing Technology team spans five pillars: (1) Demand side platform (DSP) that powers programmatic advertising - both search and display, (2) Email marketing platform, (3) Landing page platform, (4) Communications and delivery infrastructure that enables promotional and transactional content delivery at scale across multiple offline channels (e.g. email, push, sms), (5) Machine learning and data pipelines that enable optimizations and personalization.
About the role
The Marketing Technology and Operations Lead will report to the Director, Marketing Technology Operations. This role will lead digital ad operations for global media campaigns across all of Airbnb’s businesses (Stays, Experiences, Hosting), partnering closely with Marketing, Data Science, Product, Engineering and external agencies and vendors. This role will help ensure that Airbnb’s global marketing program is set up for success as the tools, technology and regulations of the digital advertising space continue to evolve.
Our ideal candidate has experience owning and leading an ad tech strategy that supports scalable, cutting edge media and audience targeting tactics. She or he understands how the technology behind digital advertising works and has successfully integrated marketing needs into company-wide data, privacy and security initiatives.
- Lead cross-functional projects across marketing, engineering, product, data science, legal and security teams to build and iterate on our marketing technology stack and our ad operations processes
- Develop and execute a forward-looking strategy for marketing-related event tracking and data sharing across the Airbnb website and apps
- Own technical relationships with agencies and third party ad platforms; maintain and develop our technology integrations and facilitate beta-testing of new products and features
- Consult on technical feasibility of marketing tactics with a strong understanding of market requirements and business implications
- Partner with engineering and data science to ensure our internal tools keep pace with marketing’s requirements for tracking and measurement
- 10 years relevant work experience, ideally in high-growth tech start-up or performance-oriented marketing organization or agency
- Ability to lead, influence and collaborate across organizational boundaries with a track record of building excellent relationships with a broad range of functions
- Experience with paid social and display vendors including Facebook and Google Marketing Platform
- Experience with marketing technology including tag management and mobile measurement platforms (MMP)
- Understanding of how GDPR, ATT and other privacy-related regulations impact marketing
- Strong analytical skills and ability to answer questions with SQL
- Willingness to get into the weeds including troubleshooting and debugging as needed