Senior Staff Experience Designer
Los Angeles, United States or
San Francisco, United States or
Seattle, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
To set the industry bar for captivating experiences that are as functionally capable & powerful as they are lovable.
Partner with supporting disciplines such as writers, researchers, product specialists and engineers to build beautiful, usable, forward-looking products that empower people. Our design charter is to help foster an emotional connection with our community, keeping usability and accessibility as our prime virtues. We do our best to practice inclusive design at every turn, spanning both the online and offline experiences we create for our community.
This Senior Staff Experience Designer will be focused on innovation, both near-term and long-term. The focus of this team will be on new product areas, launches, strategic initiatives and partnerships and creative vision.
- Support and shape the evolution of the Airbnb platform from a design perspective; ensure consistency with, and contribute to, our brand architecture and product architecture.
- Partner with Product Managers, Engineers, Data Scientist, Researchers and Writers to define problems & goals, map user flows, prototype interactions, and launch new products and services
- Oversee multiple initiatives from insight to strategy, to launch across all platforms and devices
- Successfully develop and launch high quality work that advances our mission of connection and belonging
- Provide indirect leadership and mentorship for a team of designers through the end-to-end interaction and visual design of products and services for a global audience
- Indirectly lead the work of a team of talented designers, writers, program managers, researchers, product managers and engineers as the defacto creative director of innovative projects that will be launched from The Workshop
- Build strong relationships with leaders inside and outside of core product teams; strong communication and executive stakeholder management skills
- Have a keen understanding of the technological, business and user opportunities and constraints
- Scopes project work (in partnership with PMs and engineers) and helps define the design process and timeline
- Designer/Design Leader with 12+ years of experience.
- Excellent visual and interaction skills and craft —a master in your field
- Defines the design direction and process and can lead others through it.
- Can accurately scope their work as well as their teammate's.
- Responsible for the work of other designers on their project.
- Can effortlessly motivate and drive small to medium teams to transform a product.
- Demonstrated ability to help a team navigate ambiguity, set vision, and set strategy for global products
- Systems-thinker with the ability to think beyond the pixels and design for offline experiences
- Experience with making complex information, tools, and services easily digestible for your audience
- Strong storytelling, presentation, communication and stakeholder management skills
- Experience designing platforms and systems.
- Experience managing and collaborating with research and writing disciplines.
- 0 to 1 experience or experience redesigning major elements of product, experience or service design