Regulatory Operations Lead
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Cities team’s mission is to ensure our global Host community can successfully comply with local regulations, and enable trust building with government officials and their constituents at scale.
We are seeking an operations expert who is strategic, entrepreneurial, collaborative, and an excellent communicator.
As a Regulatory Operations Lead on the Cities Team, you will drive a wide range of cross-functional projects to achieve the team’s top priorities. You’ll work directly with the Cities Director to scope, build, and scale critical initiatives, drive flawless execution on projects with Product, Engineering, Data Science, and Operations, and manage our global stakeholder engagement program.
- Ensure our team meets our top priorities by leading cross-functional initiatives from strategy to execution.
- Present strategic recommendations to business leaders regarding high impact regulatory decisions.
- Strategically align priorities and roadmaps driving improved efficiencies, scalable operations, and operational excellence with Product, Engineering, Operations, Data Science, and team stakeholders.
- Develop strong working relationships with stakeholders in Policy, Legal, and Geos across all functions, levels, and regional offices to drive shared strategy and execution on key initiatives.
- Partner with Data Science, FP&A, and Engineering to define metrics and reporting that support our team narrative and measure progress on key initiatives
- Develop compelling presentations for leadership and support effective delivery by driving alignment and clarity of narrative, ensuring clear decision-making, and following up on action items
Skills and Experience
- 10+ years of operations experience, preferably in a multi-stakeholder or operationally complex setting. Business operations, strategy, consulting or related experience is relevant as well. Some entrepreneurial experience is preferred.
- Ability to balance strategic thinking with a high-degree of attention to detail and hands-on approach of getting things done
- Ability to navigate a complex internal organization, with the skills to confidently negotiate issues, influence people, and manage effectively with little direction from leadership
- Demonstrated experience delivering complex, multi-stakeholder projects in ambiguous environments
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and presentation development skills, including an ability to translate metrics and data-driven insights into engaging narratives
- Highly adaptable and able to simultaneously manage many competing priorities
- Self-starter who enjoys solving complex problems with limited oversight