Senior Business Development Manager, Florida/Midwest, Airbnb for Real Estate
Miami, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Airbnb for Real Estate team is an entrepreneurial group within Airbnb partnering with Real Estate owners and operators to normalize hosting across multifamily while reimagining the way people live. By leveraging Airbnb as an Amenity, our partners are able to drive incremental revenue, increase leasing velocity and renewals at their communities all while providing flexibility and affordability to thousands of renters across the country (world). We move fast and are passionate about serving our hosts and customers. We are looking for people that want to collaborate with us to change the way people live!
As Head of Real Estate Business Development, Florida & Midwest, you will focus on four main areas. First, you will develop strategies to increase sales in your specific region by compelling developers, operators and owners of Multifamily Housing to incorporate Airbnb as an Amenity into their investment and leasing strategies. Second, you will be responsible for creating and curating a prospect list in your region focused on high impact assets and partners. Third, you will focus on moving each lead through our sales process (from outreach to nurture to close) and effectively handoff each closed deal to Implementation and Account Management. Fourth, you will lead efforts in your region to increase the adoption of hosting among landlords and further the Airbnb mission. In every aspect of this role, you are measured on the ability to increase sales into high impact assets while building relationships with local partners in your region. There is a high likelihood of travel, likely 50% of the time, throughout your region to meet clients, attend events and launch new partners.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prospect developers, owners, managers of high impact assets in your region through various means including cold calling, networking, industry events, etc
- Qualify prospective customers and identify areas where our solutions can provide value to their projects
- Conduct project specific research to identify top projects in your region
- Interface with external partners at all levels of their organization throughout the deal process and source new opportunities
- Leverage financial projections to demonstrate the overall value of Airbnb to potential customers
- Lead presentations for potential partnerships in person and virtually
- Accurately manage a CRM sales pipeline to forecast quota achievement
- Negotiate contracts through our legal process
- Work towards monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets
- Approximately 6+ years of experience
- Working knowledge of real estate acquisitions, development, finance, hospitality and/or multifamily operations strongly preferable.
- Drive and ambition with proven track record of repeatedly exceeding sales objectives
- Proven track record of cold outreach and prospecting to drive top of the funnel conversion
- Highly developed analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Time management skills to balance cold outreach while negotiating warm prospects
- Advanced level of proficiency in Salesforce, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Consultative approach to solving problems and presenting solutions
- Talent for distilling meaning from data and then presenting information clearly and concisely
- Positive and motivated attitude with a willingness to work effectively with others
- Expected travel for the role approximately 50% at peak periods, predominantly to clients in Miami and across Florida, and to clients in the Midwest region.
- Bachelor's degree in real estate/finance