Payments Licensing Program Manager
Atlanta, United States or
New York, United States or
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
We are looking for a Payments Licensing Program Manager to support Airbnb’s U.S. payments activities. The position is primarily responsible for managing Airbnb’s U.S. money transmission licensing program by supporting the licensing, supervision, and examination of Airbnb Payments. Your role will require critical attention to detail, organizational skills, pro-activity, and a highly adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and shifting priorities with flexibility, patience, and poise. The Payments Licensing Program Manager role will report to the Associate General Counsel, Payments in San Francisco.
The role is currently expected to be based in San Francisco, though we are exploring other locations on a case by case basis.
- Maintain Airbnb Payments’ U.S. money transmission licenses, including periodic reporting to regulators and ongoing license maintenance, updates, renewals, fees, and invoices
- Manage a best-in-class licensing program that balances our legal responsibilities with maintaining robust business opportunities
- Coordinate and conduct day-to-day management of state regulatory inquiries and examinations, including partnering with appropriate internal cross-functional stakeholders to ensure satisfactory regulatory exam results and timely remediation if necessary
- Stay abreast of changes to licensing regulations that apply to Airbnb’s business, and communicate regulatory changes and business impacts to management and business stakeholders
- Partner with cross-functional teams to support product development and business opportunities
- Bachelor’s Degree or Technical Equivalent
- Experience managing a money transmission or other financial services licensing program
- Detail-oriented with strong project management, organizational, and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to present complex and sensitive issues to team members at all levels, company partners, regulators and other third parties in a clear and persuasive manner
- High level of personal integrity, professionalism, proven dedication to excellence, ability to work independently, and a flexible, creative, innovative personality
- A passion for problem solving, proactively working collaboratively/cross-functionally, and continuously improving processes