Lead Community Insights Strategist
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
The Trust organization protects, guides, and mobilizes the creation of trust in our community and on our platform. We hire quality talent who embody our company values and hold a steadfast commitment to creating a world where anyone in the Airbnb community can host, travel, and connect with peace of mind.
The Policy Analytics, Research & Experience team enables, facilitates, and streamlines integrated data-driven decision making across the Trust Policy & Partnership organization and is committed to operational excellence and community experience through a culture of problem-solving, guided by data and research. We inject quantitative measurements into our processes and implement objective indicators of success - and most importantly create the resulting feedback and insights-to-action for our community, unlocking positive perception, usage, and retention. We showcase and solve the most pressing, most impactful policy concerns our community faces, guided by data and research.
- You have extensive experience conducting market research and leveraging data insights to design and execute community experience programs to address community trust & policy related concerns
- You are highly proficient in building and analyzing analytical frameworks, statistical models and experimentation methods to establish causal relationships
- You demonstrate in-depth knowledge and expertise in solving complex problems via data; take a new perspective on existing solutions; exercise judgement based on the analysis of multiple sources of information and structures for key trade-off decisions
- You work independently with minimal supervision; act as a resource for colleagues with less or different experience
- You are a storyteller who uses data and insights to connect dots and frame narratives to bring others along the journey
- You have a strong sense of urgency for and commitment to Airbnb’s mission of belonging
How you’ll make an impact
This leader will serve as a strategic lead for continual CX measurement and improvement across our global Airbnb host, guest and experience audiences.
You will own the voice of the community and drive critical experience KPIs across the user lifecycle. You will advocate at all levels for experience-based improvements, engage teams in user journeys, and continually ensure prioritization of a community-driven product, service and content roadmap.
In addition, you will inform Airbnb policy, process and product development from the community point of view, empowering teams to better meet global community needs through deep and broad analyses, across a variety of regions and segments. You will recommend service and support approaches, community training and community & employee enablement to drive community success.
These activities will be strongly rooted in a foundation of analytics, research, measurement tools, KPIs and continual data review to ensure community-focused improvement across business plans and approaches.
A key accountability for this leader will be fostering a culture of community success storytelling and cross-functional/cross-level experience reviews. Clear strategic ties to Connection & Belonging, diversity & inclusion, global mindset, Host & Guests leading the way, and community empowerment will also be key.
In this role you’ll get to
- Inform Airbnb policy, process and product development from the community point of view, empowering teams to better meet global user needs through deep and broad analyses, across a variety of regions and segments.
- Establish a service & support strategy for Community Experience, community training and community & employee enablement to drive community success
- Lead expertise on voice of customer across all segments and around the globe and understand Go-To Market nuances of policy launches
- Create and operationalize measurement and experimentation roadmaps focused on community experience, including customer personas based on major policy issues and voice of customer
- Map and understand the User Journey starting from user accessing/triggering policy (ex: background check), policy review and execution by operations, followed by user feedback, to establish a baseline on policy efficacy and prevalence
- Collaborate cross-functionally at all levels to integrate a community-driven roadmap, building policies, processes and improvements based on user insights, cultivating listening systems, ex: surveys, forums, feedback loops, user research, social listening, etc.
- Execute Community Experience programs, including research and surveys (listening), top issues and insights-to-action, end-to-end journey reviews, training and enablement, customer focus groups, and advisory boards
- Operationalize and improve global processes and procedures, based on friction observed in procedural workflows, or other quantitative insights
- Conduct deep-dive analysis into various community experience areas like customer retention, survey measurement and net promoter score, and customer personalization to optimize for customer satisfaction and safety
We are looking for people who have
- A minimum of 15+ years of related work and leadership, particularly in Customer Experience, Research & Analytics, Support Operations, Community & Commercial Policy, Product or Business Strategy
- Track record of leading large scale, high impact, cross-functional efforts from ideation, to strategy and implementation at the Executive level
- Strong analytical abilities and able to synthesize complex information and distill key insights into clear narratives and recommendations
- A positive and solution-oriented mindset; leads by example
- Ability to effectively partner across global, matrixed, and cross-functional teams
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and objectivity at all times even, and especially with delicate subject matter
- Exceptional presentation, written, and oral communication skills to all audience sizes and levels up to senior leadership
- Advanced degree in Computer Science or other quantitative field with 15+ years industry experience in driving full stack data projects from inception to business impact
- SQL expertise, and experience in data modeling
- CCXP highly preferred