Manager, Payment risk
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Position Title: Manager, Payments Risk
Business Unit/ Function: Payments Ops: Compliance
About Airbnb: << >>
About Airbnb Capability Center: Airbnb Capability Center (formerly known as Airseva) was set up in 2017 in Gurgaon. We provide specialised operational services which enable Airbnb's business and functions across the world. These include Finance Technology, Finance Shared Services, Analytics, Engineering, amongst other verticals.
Our offices are home to multi-skilled teams with an insightful and deep understanding of our business and community. We're hospitable, fun and we welcome all with open arms.
About the role: As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for team performance and development. You are accountable for maintaining and improving key performance indicators for your team and function. You are also responsible for acting in a contributing role for cross-functional process, product, system, tool or policy development initiatives.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a direct team of Operations Leads globally and an overall Operations Team of Specialists indirectly.
- Provide regular, actionable, goal-oriented performance feedback.
- Set the Operational Strategy and KPIs for the team.
- Hold self and team accountable for individual and team goals specific to their function.
- Advise on and demonstrate best practices for managing, coaching, mentoring, and developing team and managers to further their growth.
- Work closely with the Product teams to drive projects and provide inputs to planning sessions.
- Identify, recommend and implement tool, system, process, or policy changes to improve team performance.
- Visualize and facilitate long-term initiatives and new strategies, best practices, or processes to improve team performance.
- Maintain relationships with third party vendors and internal partnerships.
- Facilitate innovation by empowering teams to shepherd creative ideas or individual projects through appropriate channels.
- Engage and maintain effective relationships with cross-functional partners, stakeholders or external vendors.
- Delegate and prioritize effectively to ensure that individual or team time is focused on high-impact needs.
What you bring:
- Operational Management and Rigor
○ Influencing and negotiating, stakeholder management; you are a change agent across the Org ○ Understanding of metrics & targets baselining
○ Root Cause analysis methodology and driving process improvement
- Vendor / Partner Management
○ Driving performance and utilization at vendor/partners
○ Financial Management
- Prior experience in analyzing and interpreting complex data sets.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Strong written (email) interpersonal communication skills
- Idea-driven, confident and articulate
- Ability to analyze data for patterns
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and customer service skills
- You may have 10-12+ years experience, plus relevant education.
- Demonstrated experience managing an Operational team, managing other people managers is a requirement
- Experience managing a team in e-commerce a plus
- You must be skilled at balancing multiple priorities and thinking strategically.