Senior Staff Data Scientist - Inference, Commercial Products
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About the team
We are looking for Senior Staff Data Scientist to join the Commercial Products team, a product and platform team. On the product front, our team is responsible for helping hosts reach their financial goals by helping hosts set prices, manage their calendar, and act on actionable insights we provide. On the platform front, we are responsible for providing Airbnb with actionable insights to improve our marketplace and community. Our team’s data and models are used ubiquitously across the company with dozens of downstream use cases.
Areas of responsibilities
We are looking for an experienced data scientist to work across all of Commercial Products to take on the biggest marketplace design challenges at Airbnb at a given point in time. Strong communication and collaboration skills are key for this role. Example projects include:
- Design and build a measurement framework to capture value of our supply to guests for both strategic and in-product use cases.
- Design and build a measurement framework for our the competitive positioning of our supply
- Design strategy and architect models to power our in-product pricing tools
- 10+ years industry experience in a quantitative analysis role
- Background in economics, statistics and experimentation or acquired knowledge in this area.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to cross functional partners of varying technical levels
- Ability to translate complex findings and results into a compelling narrative
- Demonstrated ability to create and drive technical and impactful roadmaps for the business, and lead seamless execution of it
- Passion for mentorship
- Comfortable in SQL and proficiency in one of the analytical tools such as Python, R, etc.
- Ph.D. in Economics or related field