Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Driving culture and connection through technology. BizTech is responsible for corporate tooling and productivity. BizTech hosts the employees of Airbnb through reliable internal systems, innovative products and technical support that allows for empowered and inclusive progress. We support all organizations with the company including Product, Engineering, Finance HR, Customer Service teams. BizTech builds technical breakthroughs and crafts strategies that reshape what it means to belong anywhere, delivering greater value to both the business and humans of Airbnb.
Our Global Operations arm of BizTech is responsible for managing production services in the corporate environment. As an operations manager, you will manage an operations support team to deliver operational excellence, providing first level triage and resolution of the entire BizTech production environment. The operations support team monitors the network, systems, applications, and cloud services performance closely to ensure issues are detected and resolved quickly, minimizing incidents occurrence and interruption. The operations manager will guide the team to develop efficient processes and skills foundation, to meet/exceed key performance indicators. There is also a focus on operations readiness and shift left of newly transitioned operational tasks to support.
- Apply working knowledge of network, systems, applications, SaaS, and cloud technologies
- Lead and manage a global team to triage, troubleshoot, resolve production issues and incidents
- Define and improve key operational metrics, develop reporting and cadence, set targets, and continuously improve
- Manage and oversee the ticket queue, acknowledge and resolve requests and issues in a timely manner, guided by KPIs/ goals
- Oversee hiring, training, and capacity planning
- Collaborate with multiple internal stakeholders to drive operational efficiency via solving issues and optimising processes to ensure the successful delivery of service levels
- Manage operations readiness portion of cross functional projects, ensuring the team has the information needed to properly support what is new in production
- Build a diverse and thriving team, set performance management guidelines and expectations and work closely with employees to set goals and make meaningful contributions and impact.
- Contribute to BizTech Global Operations strategy, to ensure efficiency and scalability of services
- 10+ years of IT Operations support management experience
- Working knowledge of a complex and changing corporate environment, including observability monitoring, network, systems, applications, SaaS, Cloud technologies
- Can script with a programming language
- People management and growth development experience of a multi-location team
- Demonstrated financial acumen; ability to set and manage a budget for initiatives within Operations
- Excellent project management skills, familiarity with Six Sigma and Lean Processes
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead or facilitate problem solving teams and cross functional teams
- Well versed in a ticket management system, e.g. Atlassian/Jira and Confluence
- Working experience with: Observability tools (e.g. LogicMonitor, SumoLogic), Network (e.g. Cisco, Palo Alto), Systems (e.g. Terraform, Jenkins, Ansible), Cloud (e.g. AWS, GCP, SaaS)
- Experience with automation, infrastructure as code, configuration management, and continuous delivery technology process
- Thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Light travel schedule may be needed, and to be determined.