Manager, Scaled Acquisitions
Los Angeles, United States or
San Francisco, United States or
Seattle, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About Airbnb Hosting
Every day, millions of Airbnb Hosts around the world create comfortable, reliable, and welcoming stays and Experiences for our guests. Hosting on Airbnb offers a unique way to meet our Hosts’ financial goals, but the rewards for opening their home or sharing a passion go beyond their bank account. Hosting also offers the opportunity to impact their local community, share their culture, and connect with people they wouldn’t have met otherwise.
Our Hosting organization exists to bring a wider array of diverse Hosts into the Airbnb Community, support their success, earn their trust, and ensure their safety and security. As the world emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic, Airbnb aspires to lead the travel industry with an entirely new form of community-powered travel, where creatively-led design is at the core of our offering. We know that our global community of Hosts is one of Airbnb’s most precious assets and we are very intentional on how we nurture the common identity of being an Airbnb Host.
About the role
The Airbnb Hosting Geos team is looking for a Manager, Scaled Acquisition to lead our community powered growth team in the United States. This role reports into the Director of Community Powered Growth.
In this role, you will manage a team of market managers who are responsible for driving host growth using a portfolio of scaled levers and activities. You will design and deploy the end to end strategy for how your team supports initiatives that enable hosts to successfully share their homes on Airbnb. You will motivate and support your team to be entrepreneurial and foster a supportive and fun team environment. This individual will work cross-functionally with central program teams, data science, FP&A, and product to measure and scale activities that are directly attributable. You will partner with our Host Community team and other partners to pilot new projects, tactics and/or initiatives that can be scaled into broader cross-functional programs in service of our Host community.
- 8+ years experience in sales and people management (with an emphasis on Sales Team Management)
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (Business, Marketing, etc.)
- You are strategic in your thinking with a proven ability to own growth OKRs and exceed goals
- Forecast, model, and optimize growth tactics based on known and unknown performance
- Inside and outside sales experience across tech and consumer goods, preferred
- Ability to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building
- Strong empathy for our community and passion for revenue and growth
- Deep understanding of value drivers in recurring revenue business models
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset; Basic SQL required
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others
- Ability to flourish with minimal guidance, be proactive, and handle uncertainty and ambiguity
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Comfortable with Excel, Google Docs, Salesforce CRM, and other technology solutions for driving sales