Lead Business Process Improvement
Montreal, Canada or
Portland, United States or
San Francisco, United States or
Seattle, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
As a Business Process Improvement (BPI) Lead you will be the BPI consultant or BPI lead for priority Community Support (CS) programs, where you will take on responsibilities for process analysis and design, pilot design and execution, and control plan development.
You will work cross-functionally with key partners such as Service Managers and Regional Operations Managers, leading Continuous Improvement projects that will focus on the analysis and improvement of customer service processes, in order to improve process quality, increase operational efficiency, and result in an outstanding customer experience.
You will work cross-functionally with other Shared Services functions, Policy, and Product Support to lead the process impact assessment and subsequent process design for high priority changes that will transform how we provide customer support for our community. You will be involved with Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning automation efforts to enable world class customer support.
You will assist in the design and implementation of process measurement systems, as well as analyze data to understand our customer pain points and make informed improvements. You will help design service experiences for our customers by creating detailed functional designs across people, process, and product to define how we enable these experiences for our customers.
You will be responsible for the delivery of successful improvement projects with measurable positive impact and also transition these solutions to operations for sustained results.
- Leads and supports cross-functional project teams to implement operational changes.
- Implements process improvement projects using Lean Six Sigma methodology and deploys solutions, globally.
- Builds relationships with cross-functional CS and broader business stakeholders
- Supports the development of metrics that provide data for process measurement, identifying indicators for future improvement opportunities.
- Leads process design across people, process, and product
- Collects data and insights from operations to identify the root cause of problems.
- Measures performance against process requirements.
- Surveys, identifies and analyzes best practices for techniques and processes.
- Leads initiatives to implement best practices in operations
- Performs cost and benefit analyses and constructs business cases for process improvement opportunities.
- Presents opportunities for approval to senior leadership.
- Communicates progress to stakeholders.
- Diagrams and evaluates existing processes.
- 5 years of post-graduate experience in operations
- Advanced knowledge of customer service and contact center operations
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt Certified or equivalent experience
- Experience with process engineering and/or service design
- Strong stakeholder management skills
- Proven track-record of developing and delivering support with positive impact to business metrics
- Experienced in project management and leading cross-functional teams to successfully achieve business goals
- Intermediate SQL skills
- Intermediate Excel
- Intermediate analytics capability
- Required to travel up to 20% of time