Product Manager, Claims Experience
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About Support Products
Success is about delivering great customer service for our guests and hosts throughout their Airbnb journey. We believe service is a major differentiator that drives Airbnb’s global success and growth. We are building a technology platform that supports Airbnb as it scales, delivering an exceptional level of customer service while also improving efficiency and the customer service support ambassador (agent) experience.
About Claims Experience
Airbnb is a platform built on trust. To help drive trust and ensure our Community feels supported at critical moments in their journey with us, Airbnb offers a suite of protection offerings such as the Host Damage Protection and Host Liability Insurance programs. The Claims Experience team is responsible for creating an easy, fair, and transparent resolution for property damage and personal injury disputes. Our team is responsible for delivering an end-to-end claims process that makes our Community feel supported in times of need.
As the Product Manager for the Claims Experience, you will be responsible for defining and implementing a world-class product experience that allows our hosts to grow and scale their businesses and ensures our community of travelers feel safe. You will partner closely with Engineering, Design, Data Science, and Operations to define and build the next generation of support ambassador products and ensure we can adapt as the business grows and new programs are introduced.
- Lead cross-functional groups to deliver on the Claims Experience team’s mission and ensure Airbnb earns trust from hosts and guests with every claim.
- Own the experience for support products for Airbnb’s community of hosts and guests, and a global support organization.
- Identify product opportunities and develop proposals for Claims and Support products that always focus on the user first.
- Develop a strong knowledge foundation of existing and emerging customer support, claims, and insurance trends, as well as the latest technologies to empower large support teams.
- Develop the product roadmap, build consensus to drive product execution, and present your product roadmap and status to the business and Airbnb Product leaders.
- Define goals and success with clear and measurable objectives and key results by partnering with other product teams across Claims, Insurance, Community Support, and Payments.
- Work closely with a rapidly growing team of Engineers, Designers, Data Scientists, Operations and Policy experts to drive product development and deliver value to our community of Hosts, Guests, and Support Ambassadors.
- Communicate concisely the product vision and execution to a diverse technical and non-technical audience.
- Build a healthy product backlog and identify the right areas to focus among competing priorities.
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Experience building complex support products that scale globally.
- Ability to narrate a story for what problem you’re solving for and the vision you’re going after, combined with the capacity to dive into the details.
- Deep understanding of software development and integrations that serve large operations teams.
- Experience with understanding data, developing experimentation, and facilitating rapid prototyping in an agile environment to plan evidence-based product launches.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience.
- Exceptional collaboration, partnership and influencing skills with the ability to work in a global environment across multiple locations and time zones to drive consensus across teams.
- Strong judgment and decision making skills: given limited resources, you are stellar at prioritizing across needs.
- BA/BS degree preferred. Concentration in Computer Science or a related technical discipline is preferred, not required.
- Prior product management or technical experience in a platform or global operations team, or building products for a support organization.
- Demonstrated track record building integrations of 3rd party technologies into the product roadmap.
- Claims or insurance industry experience preferred.
- Experience building products using Salesforce or other CRM technologies preferred.
- Experience working with a customer service team and/or insurance team is a plus.
The starting base pay for this role is between $152,000 and $207,500. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.