Sr. Analytics & Insight Analyst: CSA
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About Airbnb: Founded in August of 2008 and based in San Francisco, California, Airbnb is a trusted community marketplace for people to list, discover, and book unique travel experiences around the world. Whether an apartment for a night, a castle for a week or a villa for a month, Airbnb allows people to Belong Anywhere through unique travel experiences at any price point, in more than 85,000 cities and over 191 countries. We promote a culture of curiosity, humanity, and creativity through our product, brand, and, most importantly, our people.
About Airbnb Capability Center: Airbnb Capability Center was set up in 2017 in Gurgaon to service the global Airbnb community. We are a fast-growing, up-and-coming office and home to the most hospitable people you will ever meet! Our small and extremely capable team of Gurgaon-based colleagues strive to make the impossible happen for our inbound and outbound travellers within this big and diverse market. Airbnb Capability Center is providing varied services under Community Support thereby providing world-class customer experience to our customers. Besides this, Airbnb Capability Center is also building deep capabilities for different verticals like Homes, Finance Technology Group, Finance Shared Services, Analytics, Engineering, etc.
Role: The Community Support Analytics and Insights, Senior Analyst will support the business in delivering high-quality strategic and tactical analysis and reports for Community Support operations. A focused, hard-working and meticulous analyst, you will develop functional expertise in data analysis as well as in-depth and expert industry insight and knowledge providing the key insights and findings to improve how we serve our customers. You will support the management with analyses of productivity, satisfaction, operations and SLA’s across both internal and external service teams. The Senior analyst will be working closely with counterparts in Finance and Data Analytics both locally and internationally to help inform Global Community Support data needs and models.
- Analyzes complex business problems using data from internal and external sources
- Provides actionable insight to decision-makers to influence strategy and performance
- Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to attribute key business drivers
- Analyzes and defines metrics that tie back to business performance and initiatives
- Will be a proponent of test/learn culture by enabling and supporting experimentation
- Generates forecasts, recommendations, and strategic/tactical plans to drive actions
- Creates specifications and generates reports and analysis mapping to business needs.
- May provide consultation and lead cross-functional teams to address business issues
- Directly produces datasets and reports for analysis using databases and reporting tools.
- Master’s or Bachelor's degree in a relevant field of study
- 6+ years top tier analyst or consulting experience in business intelligence or analytics
- Experience with customer service or customer operations analytics a huge plus
- Hands-on experience with one or more language(s) used for querying (e.g. SQL, SAS)
- Experience with Big Data/Analytics platforms/languages like Hive, Python, R a big plus
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables, macros, charts, functions, vba modeling
- Experience with Tableau or similar BI platform to develop reports and dashboards
- Ability to tailor insights to present clearly to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with delivering analytics recommendations to senior leadership and executive level audiences
- Hands-on to get things done fast and ability to work without continual guidance
- Enquiring mind with ability to recognise inefficiencies and challenge the status quo
- Attention to detail combined with creative thinking
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Superior reporting and editing skills
Our Gurgaon office is home to a strong team of individuals who have an insightful and deep understanding of our Indian business. They are one of the most hospitable teams on the planet and welcome all with open arms.
“We are looking for people with entrepreneurial attitude - the insurgent mission, the front-line obsession and the owner’s mindset” - Team Airbnb Capability Center.