Product Manager, Community Experience Products
San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
Airbnb is a vision and mission driven company. Our Product Managers embody this culture and mindset. Product Managers here imagine the ideal end state for our community (guests and hosts) first and work backwards from it, challenging all current assumptions. They champion a winning strategy and leverage metrics to ensure we are making progress against it. They partner with talented cross-functional team members (across engineering, design, data science, etc.) and lead teams to execute upon a shared vision. They are incredibly visionary and are not afraid to roll up their sleeves to get the right outcome for our community. We are looking for leaders who want to join us in this journey to accomplish our mission of creating belonging everywhere.
About Community Support Platform (CSP)
Customer Vision: Success is about delivering exceptional customer service for our users - both self help and human support - throughout their Airbnb journey.
Business Vision: We believe that customer service will be a major differentiator and driver of Airbnb’s global success and growth. We deliver exceptional customer service at scale by building platform capabilities that power such user experience.
About Community Experience Products
A support journey starts from the moment a guest or a host reaches out for help and ends when his/her challenge is resolved. PMs at Community Experience Products lead cross team collaborations and wave the best-of-the-class platform capabilities into seamless support experience.
Keen eyes on great user experience, strong collaboration and influence skills are must-haves to thrive as a PM in Community Experience Products.
The Product Manager, Community Experience Products will be responsible for key support experiences (e.g. cancellations) that impact the bottomline of Airbnb.
A successful product candidate will lead high visibility projects, work collaboratively across multiple cross functional teams across the company, and directly report progress to senior leaders.
Product Manager (IC):
- Understand the competitive landscape. Challenge the status quo. Obsessed with simple yet elegant customer experience. Define a strong product vision. And inspire people towards a unified outcome.
- Define success with clearly measurable objectives and key results.
- Define a winning product strategy and create a sound roadmap
- Align the vision, OKR, strategy and roadmap with senior leaders and stakeholders across the company.
- Prioritize work based on inputs from many stakeholders, while being flexible to iterate/change.
- Maintain product backlog and the product roadmap.
- Partner with senior tech leads and execute the vision with cross function leaders from multiple teams.
- Present product roadmap and status to the business leadership on an ongoing basis
- 8+ years of product management, or product design experience ( at least 3 out of the 8 years in a product management role)
- Exceptional communication skills. Being able to adapt communication style for different types of audiences.
- Ability to appreciate and articulate great user experience.
- Ability to quickly absorb technical concepts and communicate them to a non-technical audience
- Outcome-oriented. Articulates the desired outcome and works collaboratively to create a path to achieve it.
- Experience working with partners beyond just one’s immediate cross functional team in a product management or business role
- Radical thinking paired with strong execution. Can envision a world different than the status quo with the ability to articulate a clear path to get there
The starting base pay for this role is between $180,000 and $230,000. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: education, experience, and skills. The base pay range is subject to change and may be modified in the future. This role may also be eligible for bonus, equity, benefits, and Employee Travel Credits.