San Francisco, United States
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
This role is dedicated to fulfilling the data governance and reporting needs of the Payments Compliance Operations Team, Airbnb’s front line in the detection and mitigation of suspicious payments activity. The primary responsibility of this position will be to report on Payments Compliance Operations to both internal and external stakeholders on a recurring and ad-hoc basis. The role will provide data insights necessary to support management decisions, operational quality assurance, and the successful implementation of risk mitigating controls and processes. Knowledge of data governance practices as well as an understanding of Marketplace or FinTech Payments is preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Extract and sanitize a variety of data elements to establish a high-quality data foundation.
- Own ongoing reporting on key indicators including control effectiveness, operational efficiency and staffing requirements.
- Support key processes and decision-making through both ongoing reporting and ad-hoc analysis
- Shape communication for different audiences utilizing visualization, reporting and presentation tools.
- Work closely with partner teams to implement and track progress of mitigating processes and mechanisms.
- Maintain databases, spreadsheets, and other tools used in data analysis and reporting
- Train partner teams on using and creating reports on an ad hoc basis
- Develop and maintain easily digestible display of data to senior management
- Develop a methodology for consistent use of data across the team
- Experience utilizing SQL, Excel, and other tools to manipulate and analyze complex data sets
- Experience communicating out to various stakeholders utilizing visualization tools including Superset, R, Tableau, Keynote and Slides.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of data integration and data quality
- Experience implementing best practices for data governance practices related to standard naming, data definitions, taxonomy
- Familiarity with Payments and Regulatory Risk & Compliance concepts
- Experience working on cross-functional initiatives as an Analytics, Payments or Compliance SMEs.
- Ability to be self-driven in changing and at times ambiguous environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate love for data and a curious mind