Business Operations Intern, Hosting Geos
São Paulo, Brazil
Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
About Airbnb Hosting
Every day, millions of Airbnb hosts around the world create comfortable, reliable and welcoming stays and Experiences for our guests. Hosting on Airbnb offers a unique way to meet our Hosts’ financial goals but the rewards for opening their home or sharing a passion go beyond their bank account. Hosting also offers the opportunity to impact their local community, share their culture and connect with people they wouldn’t have met otherwise.
Our Hosting organization exists to bring a wider array of diverse Hosts into the Airbnb Community, support their success, earn their trust, and ensure their safety and security. As the world emerges from the COVID-19 pandemic, Airbnb aspires to lead the travel industry with an entirely new form of community-powered travel, where creatively-led design is at the core of our offering. We know that our global community of hosts is one of Airbnb’s most precious assets who we want to support.
About the role
The Airbnb Hosting team is seeking an ambitious, bright, data driven, and forward-thinking intern to join our South America Business Operations team. The intern will join a very fast-paced environment in two of Airbnb’s most dynamic markets, with a diverse community.
A crucial part of executing a successful strategy is to make informed decisions and solve business problems based on actionable insights and intelligence. The Business Operations Intern will be responsible for conducting data analysis, market research, and putting together memos and presentations to support strategic decision making by creating such insights. The intern will have the possibility to learn and assume the responsibility of providing fundamental data insights to local market teams.
This is an intern position reporting to the Business Operations Manager in the South America territory. Our intern will gain a comprehensive understanding of how the different functions within the territory interact with each other, and have the opportunity to work cross functionally. Applicants must be based in São Paulo to be eligible for the position.
- Conduct data-driven deep-dives for both the supply and demand side to provide a clear understanding of marketplace performance at different levels
- Provide not only data but also the information behind it, and derive key conclusions and recommendations on how to address different problems, identifying opportunities for growth and improvement
- Assist with the production of reports, and gather external data to have a better understanding on our performance vs the industry
- Assist with responses to inquiries, providing data analysis and insights
- Work seamlessly with other teams on projects that require their support
- Act as a key contributor to the success of the Hosting Team
- Contribute to key projects in the Territory supporting the Business Operations Manager
- Applicants must be in at least their third year of a four-year Bachelor's degree (or fourth year of a five-year program) in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, or a related field
- Skilled user of Excel
- Tableau and/or Superset skills are a plus
- Experience with SQL, large databases and raw data is a plus
- Strong spoken and written Portuguese and English language skills
- Spanish language skills are a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work proactively and results-driven: always trying to learn that extra detail that can help make the most accurate decisions
*Please submit your full application in English
*This is a one year, full-time internship
Airbnb is committed to working with the best and brightest people from the broadest talent pool possible. We believe a diversity of ideas fosters innovation and engagement, and allows us to attract the best people, and to develop the best products, services and solutions. Qualified individuals from all walks of life are encouraged to apply.