Airbnb is a mission-driven company dedicated to helping create a world where anyone can belong anywhere. It takes a unified team committed to our core values to achieve this goal. Airbnb's various functions embody the company's innovative spirit and our fast-moving team is committed to leading as a 21st century company.
We are looking for a bright, talented, generalist lawyer who is passionate about Airbnb and travel and with excellent judgment in balancing legal risks with business strategy. Based in or around our Paris, France, you will be a key member of our EMEA legal team and report to our Lead Counsel, EMEA.
- Provide effective, business-focused, day-to-day advice to all our business teams on a broad range of issues, including France and EU regulatory compliance, litigation, consumer rights, e-commerce laws, intellectual property, privacy and tax.
- Deliver clear practical advice that enables our business partners to achieve their objectives while mitigating legal risk and keeping the interests of our community of users at the forefront.
- Effectively collaborate with colleagues in EMEA and around the world to provide globally aligned legal advice.
- Proactively work to draft, review and revise internal processes, policies and workflows.
- Instruct outside counsel where appropriate and supervise the provision of cost-effective, business-oriented legal advice.
- Remain up-to-date on relevant laws impacting Airbnb’s businesses.
- Some domestic and international travel is required (along with occasional US travel).
- Degree in Law with a strong academic record and/or demonstrated record of success as a lawyer.
- A minimum of 5+ years of experience, with relevant experience in a law firm.
- Additional experience in a government agency and/or in-house legal department would be a plus.
- Qualified in France. Qualification in another jurisdiction would be a plus.